I am a New Zealand PR. Do I have to apply for a Singapore visa?

You will have to apply for a Singapore visa if you are a passport holder of a country that requires a visa.

If I am transiting through Singapore, do I still need a visa?

Foreigners transiting in Singapore will not require visas if they remain within the transit area of Changi Airport (Terminals 1, 2, 3 and 4) and do not pass through Singapore Immigration.

Sometimes, foreign visitors may be required to pass through Singapore Immigration if their airlines do not have the necessary transfer facilities. In these cases, the foreign visitor should obtain a visa prior to travel, so that he/she will not meet any difficulties while transiting in Singapore. We advise all travellers who are from a visa-required country and plan to enter Singapore, to apply for a Singapore visa prior to the trip so as to avoid any unnecessary inconvenience or disruption to travel plans.

For transit in Singapore via low cost carriers, please check with your airlines directly or visit Changi Airport website at more information on the transfer facilities available and whether you are required to clear immigration for the transit.

Who needs a visa to travel to Singapore?

Please visit the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore’s website at to check if you require a visa to travel to Singapore.

When should I apply if I am required to travel to Singapore with a visa?

You can apply for a visa up to one month before your intended date of arrival into Singapore.

Who decides if I will get a visa?

Your visa application will be processed and decided by Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority.

Do I need an appointment to submit my application?

You do not need to make an appointment to submit your application. You may submit in person during our visa processing hours (Monday - Friday, 9.00am – 1.00pm).

Do I need to submit my original passport for submission of application?

You must submit your original passport when you apply for entry visa.

Will I know the reason why my visa application has been rejected?

The specific reason for your rejection will not be made known to you.

I am a visitor in New Zealand. Can I still apply for a visa to travel to Singapore?

Yes, you may be able to do so. Please check our website for further information.

What is the validity of my passport from the intended date of arrival in Singapore?

One of the visa application requirements for Singapore is that all passports need to have a minimum of six months validity from date of arrival in Singapore. The Singapore High Commission recommends that you renew or extend the passport if this is not the case.

If you require further clarification of this entry requirement, please contact Immigration and Checkpoints Authority at +65-6391 6100.

Can I travel with less than six months validity?

You can transit if you do not need to go through immigration in Singapore, though you will still need permission from your airline to board the plane. However, if you do need to go through immigration, you are strongly advised to renew your passport before travelling.

Can I extend my stay in Singapore?

The period of stay permitted is at the discretion of the Immigration Officer upon arrival at the Singapore Changi Airport. It is normally between 14 to 30 days. Regardless of the length of stay granted, visitors may request for an extension of stay by applying in person at the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority before the expiry of the visa granted. The address is Immigration & Checkpoints Authority, ICA Building, 10 Kallang Road, Singapore 208718 and their operating hours are 8.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday and 8.00 am to 1.00 pm on Saturday. Closed during Singapore Public Holidays. More details can be found here.

Can I pay extra to expedite my visa application?

We do not have such services. However, if you have valid reasons which demand you to travel at a short notice, such as seeking medical treatment in Singapore, you may provide us with a formal letter from the hospital/doctor in Singapore together with your visa application.

How can I find out about work visas?

If you are travelling to Singapore for work or employment, you will need to contact the Ministry of Manpower office in Singapore for advice on which visa or work pass to apply for. This is not processed in New Zealand. You can visit their website at email them at or phone +65-6438 5122.

If the Ministry of Manpower informs you that you do not need a work pass and do not need to make notification of your activity, you will need to check with Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority to make sure you can enter Singapore on a tourist entry. Their contact details can be found at

I have lost my e-visa; what should I do?

If you had applied for a visa with the Singapore High Commission in Wellington, you may email us your request for us to retrieve your visa. At the same time, you need to provide us your Travel Document Number and the date when you had applied with us, your name and date of birth.

I have an existing visa, but had just changed my passport. Can I extend my visa?

We do not do extension of visa. However, we can transfer your current visa from your old passport to your new passport. Please send both your old and new passports (including current Singapore Visa), New Zealand contact details, Form 14A and a self-addressed courier bag to the Singapore High Commission. There is no fee charged for the transfer of visa to your new passport.

Travel Page