Visa Requirements for Nepal
- Singapore passport holders require a valid Visa to enter Nepal. Visa can be obtained on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu and at border entry points in Kakadvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Gaddachowki on Nepal-India border and Kodari on Nepal-China border. Visa can also be obtained at the Nepal Consulate in Singapore. More details can be found at www.welcomenepal.com
Loss of/Stolen Passport in Nepal
If your passport is lost / stolen, you will need to do the following:
- Lodge a police report with the Nepalese authorities
- Contact the Singapore High Commission in New Delhi at +91 (11) 4600 0800 or the Duty Officer at +91 98102 03595 to report your loss/stolen passport. Our Consular Officer will e-mail you a fingerprint verification form which you have to fill up, scan and email it back.
- Upon verification of your identity, the Singapore High Commission will inform ICA and you will have to arrange for an NOK to submit the application for a new passport on your behalf. Your NOK will also have to make arrangements to mail your new passport to you once it is ready.
- If you have lost your passport and need to return to Singapore urgently, the High Commission will issue you a Document of Identity (DOI) after verification. The DOI, will facilitate your return to Singapore only. To process your DOI, you must provide one passport-sized colour photograph and Rs 750 (subject to change) to the High Commission. The DOI will be couriered to you at your expense.
Replacement of Nepal Visa
- A Singapore citizen who is issued with a replacement passport in Nepal after a passport has been lost or stolen must bring the replacement passport to the Nepal Department of Immigration to receive an exit visa. This exit visa allows the traveler a specified period of time (usually a few days) in which to leave the country legally.
- The same requirement applies if you are issued a DOI, which also needs to be endorsed by an exit permit.
- The Department of Immigration address in Nepal is as follows:
Department of Immigration
Kalikasthan, Dilibazar, Kathmandu
Telephone: 00977-1- 4429659 / 4429660 / 4438862 / 4438868