Visa Requirements for Nepal
Singapore passport holders require a valid Visa to enter Nepal. Visa can be obtained on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu and at border entry points in Kakadvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Gaddachowki on Nepal-India border and Kodari on Nepal-China border. Visa can also be obtained at the Nepal Consulate in Singapore or online via https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np.More details can be found at www.welcomenepal.com
Loss of/Stolen Passport in Nepal
If your passport is lost or stolen in Nepal, you will need to do the following:
- Lodge a police report with the Nepal authorities.
- Report a lost passport online with ICA or contact the Singapore High Commission in New Delhi. Mission will contact you for the collection once your passport or Document of Identity (DOI) is ready.
- If you are applying for a new passport or Document of Identity (DOI) at the High Commission, you will need to have the following documents:
- One (for DOI application) or two (for passport applications) passport-sized photographs. Instant photographs are acceptable.
- A copy of your police report.
- Documentary proof of your Singapore Citizenship (such as your Singapore Identification Card or Driving License) to verify your identity.
- Relevant fees for the application. The passport or DOI will be couriered to you at your expense.
- Travellers can refer to ICA's website for more information on loss of passports overseas.
Replacement of Nepal Visa
A Singapore citizen who is issued with a replacement passport in Nepal after a passport has been lost or stolen must bring the replacement passport to the Nepal Department of Immigration to receive an exit visa. This exit visa allows the traveler a specified period of time (usually a few days) in which to leave the country legally.
2 The same requirement applies if you are issued a DOI, which also needs to be endorsed by an exit permit.
3 The Department of Immigration address in Nepal is as follows:
Department of Immigration
Kalikasthan, Dilibazar, Kathmandu
Telephone: 00977-1- 4429659 / 4429660 / 4438862 / 4438868
Tourist Police Nepal
- Tourists in Nepal may contact the tourist police if they require any assistance.
+977-14247041, 9851289444, 1144 (Toll Free, Hot line)
Accommodation in Nepal
- Always choose a Nepal Tourism Board approved hotel.
Website: - https://www.welcomenepal.com/plan-your-trip/book-accommodation.html