Visa Requirements for Bhutan
- Singapore passport holders require a valid Visa before travelling to Bhutan and must book their holiday through a Bhutanese tour operator or one of their international partners who will make the necessary visa arrangements. Passports should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in Bhutan.
- More details can be found at www.tourism.gov.bt/plan/travel-requirements
Loss of/Stolen Passport in Bhutan
If your passport is lost / stolen, you will need to do the following:
- Lodge a police report with the Bhutanese authorities
- Contact the Singapore High Commission in New Delhi at +91 (11) 4600 0800 or the Duty Officer at +91 98102 03595 to report your loss/stolen passport. Our Consular Officer will e-mail you a fingerprint verification form which you have to fill up, scan and email it back.
- Upon verification of your identity, the Singapore High Commission will inform ICA and you will have to arrange for an NOK to submit the application for a new passport on your behalf. Your NOK will also have to make arrangements to mail your new passport to you once it is ready.
- If you have lost your passport and need to return to Singapore urgently, the High Commission will issue you a Document of Identity (DOI) after verification. The DOI, will facilitate your return to Singapore only. To process your DOI, you must provide one passport-sized colour photograph and Rs 750 (subject to change) to the High Commission. The DOI will be couriered to you at your expense.
Replacement of Bhutan Visa
- A Singapore citizen who is issued with a replacement passport in Bhutan after a passport has been lost or stolen must bring the replacement passport to the Bhutan Department of Immigration to receive an exit visa. This exit visa allows the traveler a specified period of time (usually a few days) in which to leave the country legally.
- The same requirement applies if you are issued a DOI, which also needs to be endorsed by an exit permit.
- The contact number of the Department of Immigration in Bhutan is as follows:
Department of Immigration
Telephone: +975 02-322301 / 322015 / 325173