A birth extract is a certified true copy of the Birth Certificate (BC). Once a birth certificate is lost and a replacement is required, applicant has to apply for a birth extract. All applications for a certified extract of these records have to be made on the requisite application forms. Applications can be made in person or via the Internet.
- The BC holder or his parents.
- Applications made on behalf of relatives or friends must be accompanied with a letter of authorisation stating the name and identification number of the applicant and his/her IC relationship with the BC holder. If the applicant is not holding a Singapore Identity Card, a certified copy of his/her official identification document (e.g. identity card, passport, driver's licence, etc) must also be submitted.
Application in Person
Kindly contact the Mission for the application form (BD 40) and submit it together with the following required documents:
- Photocopy of your relevant identification documents i.e. Passport, NRIC, Birth Certificate, Citizenship Certificate (if applicable)
- A5 size courier bag (for the return of your documents)
- NZ$46.00 – Fee per Certified Birth Extract (if a copy of Birth Certificate is produced)
- NZ$46.00 – Search fee per month
- NZ$92.00 – Total fee for Search (of one month) and Certified Birth Extract
Note: If the Birth Registration Number is not furnished, applicants are required to pay a search fee.
Please submit your application with the appropriate fees in cash or Bank Cheque made payable to the "Singapore High Commission" (Note: personal and company cheques will not be accepted and fees are subject to change without prior notice).
- Applicant can apply through the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website at https://extracts.ica.gov.sg.
- Submit the form electronically and send payment to the Registry of Births & Deaths.
- The processing time is approximately 1 week upon receipt of payment.