Overseas Singaporeans may apply for a replacement Singapore driving licence through proxy by giving a written authorisation (by fax or email) for their next of kin in Singapore to submit the application on their behalf at:
Traffic Police Department
No. 10 Ubi Ave 3
- Photocopy of NRIC (back and front)
- Documentary evidence that he/she is not in Singapore (Example, copy of visa or copy of his passport showing the immigration stamp)
- Proxy’s NRIC
- Written authorisation for application of replacement on behalf of the applicant
- One recent passport size photograph, his/her name and NRIC no. to be written behind the photograph. The photograph must be:
- In colour;
- Passport-size (35mm wide by 45mm high without borders);
- The facial image must be between 25mm and 35mm from chin to crown;
- Taken against a plain white background with a matt or semi-matt finish; and
- Taken full face without headgear, unless the applicant habitually wears a headgear in accordance with religious or racial custom. The headgear must not hide the applicants’ facial features.
The replacement fee is S$25.00. Proxy has to inform Traffic Police that he/she may want to collect it personally at the Traffic Police Department instead of having the licence being sent by mail to the local address in Singapore. Proxy will then be able to mail it personally to the applicant’s address in overseas.