Documents issued by the Singapore Government Departments in their original text (eg. Registry of Marriage Certificates, Birth Certificates and Educational Certificates from local government schools), must be legalised by the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the concerned foreign embassy in Singapore for the documents to be used overseas.

Documents not issued by the Singapore Government but requires legalisation, must be referred to a Notary Public first, followed by the Singapore Academy of Law and the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs for notarisation before presenting the documents to the concerned foreign embassy for attestation of signature.

Please note that request for notarial services are on an appointment-only basis.  You may email us at or call us to schedule an appointment.


Travel Page