The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) and the Embassy no longer accept PR application submitted in hard copies. All applications must be submitted online at

Re-Entry Permit

All SPRs who are holding valid REP and issued with SingPass accounts can apply to renew or transfer their REPs online via ICA's e-Services. Those who do not have SingPass may apply for one at

Singapore Citizens or SPRs who have SingPass accounts can also use the ICA's e-Services to submit REP renewal applications on behalf of their spouse and children.  

Apply/Renew/Transfer Re-Entry Permit (REP) at the Embassy

The application for REP renewal should be submitted at least 2 months before the current REP expires. 

Documents required:

  1. Completed application form (Form 6)
  2. Original and copy of your current passport (with the latest REP, if any)
  3. Original and copy of your new passport (for transfer)
  4. Blue NRIC (for transfer/renew)
  5. Supporting documents (e.g. proof of employment in Singapore, marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc)

For more information, please refer to ICA's website at


ICA may require you to return to Singapore to complete the application formalities in person.

A SPR who remains outside Singapore without a valid REP will lose his/her PR status.

Travel Page