Singaporeans in Japan with lost passports should do the following:

  1. Lodge a police report at the nearest police station (or the Japanese "koban") and obtain a copy of the police report or acknowledgement slip. The police station will normally issue a copy of the report. Please note that Japanese police officers may not be able to speak English.

  2. Inform the Embassy or Consulate in Osaka or Nagoya.

  3. Visit the Embassy or Consulate in Osaka or Nagoya to apply for a temporary travel document ("Document of Identity"). You will be required to bring the following:

  4. Police Report
  5. Proof of identity (for eg., Singapore identity card, driver's license, etc)
  6. One passport size photograph; and,
  7. Flight details to Singapore, if available
  8. Fee

    The fee for the "Document of Identity" is Yen 1,300.


    Important Notes


    The "Document of Identity" is for one-way travel to Singapore only, and needs to be surrendered to the Immigration Officer upon return. A new passport needs to be applied at ICA for replacement.


    The passport which was reported lost would be cancelled with immediate effect and cannot be used for travel even if it is recovered subsequently. Should you recover your lost passport, you must surrender it to ICA or the Embassy personally within 14 days.


Travel Page