The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) no longer accepts citizenship application submitted in hard copies. All applications must be submitted online at https://www.ica.gov.sg/esvclandingpage/esc
Note that SingPass account is required for online application. For more information on SingPass, please refer to https://www.singpass.gov.sg
If you encounter any problems with ICA's e-service during the online application, please email ICA_Citizenship_Unit@ica.gov.sg with a screenshot of the error message.
Important Notes for Newborn Citizenship Application
- This is for a child who is born overseas (e.g. Japan) and either parent is a Singapore citizen by descent or registration. For more information, please refer to https://www.ica.gov.sg/citizen/overseas/birth-registration/citizen_overseas_birth_childbornoverseas
- The application has to be submitted by the parents before the child's first birthday. A letter of explanation and additional documents are required for late submissions. The parents must be legally married at the time of the child's birth.
- The citizenship status of your child should be treated as an important matter. If in doubt, parents should seek advice from ICA before applying.
- A child, regardless of age, is required to obtain his or her own passport. The parents must first apply for Singapore Citizenship for their child, if the child is not yet a Singapore citizen. Upon the approval of the application, the child will be formally registered as a Singapore citizen. Only then will the child be eligible for a Singapore Passport.
- Under the Enlistment Act, all male Singapore Citizens are liable for National Service (NS) unless exempted.