All foreigners who intend to work in Singapore must have a work pass (also known as a work visa) before starting work.  An employer will apply for a valid work pass on its employees’ behalf.


You can perform certain short-term activities in Singapore without a work pass. If you are working in a Work Pass Exempt Activity, you can use e-Notification system to notify MOM, extend and reprint an e-Notification. You can only submit an e-Notification after you have arrived in Singapore. 


To apply for a Student’s Pass, you must be accepted into a full-time course in Singapore.  The requirements and procedures will differ based on the type of educational institute in which you intend to study.  Please visit ICA’s website for more information. 

Travel Page