The Consulate-General can assist you to forward your application for renewal of Re-Entry Permit (REP) to the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA), which is the processing authority.

Singapore Permanent Residents (SPRs) are strongly encouraged by ICA to apply, renew or transfer their REP online for themselves or for their immediate family members through ICA’s e-Service ( with a SingPass account before the expiry date of their current REP. The general processing time for renewal of REP is within one week. Please note that some applications may take longer to process.

Please visit or email for assistance on Singpass, if required.

Please note that with the introduction of e-REP, ICA will cease the practice of stamping the REP in the passport. Instead, an electronic Re-Entry Permit (Form 7) will be issued.

If you wish to submit your application through the Consulate-General, please write to us at for an appointment. You can visit ICA's website ( to access information on the REP renewal procedure.


S$50 or RMB 270 (for a 5-year REP)

S$10 or RMB 54 (per year of part thereof)

(Note: Applicants will be required to make multiple trips in person for payments and collection of REP letter if renewing via the Consulate-General)

Processing Time

4 - 6 weeks (via the Consulate-General)

1 week (online via e-REP)

Other Information

If you need advice or more information, please contact the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority at:

Tel: +(65) 6391 6100 


Important Notice

For renewal overseas, please submit your application at least 2 months before the expiry of the REP. A SPR who remains outside Singapore without a valid REP will lose his/her PR status.

Please keep the REP carefully. You are advised to carry a copy of your REP with you when you travel overseas as some foreign authorities and agencies may need to see your REP when you travel. Travellers who do not have a hard copy of their REP may be denied exit by the local immigration of some countries. Do not glue or staple your REP to the Travel Document. 

Travel Page