To apply for or renew a Re-Entry Permit (REP), you must be a Singapore Permanent Resident (PR) and hold a valid travel document with at least 3 months’ validity.

A valid REP is necessary whenever a PR travels out of Singapore and it allows you to retain your permanent residence status while away from Singapore. 

If you leave Singapore or remain overseas without a valid REP, you will lose your permanent residence status. You will be assessed for entry into Singapore as a foreign visitor, subject to prevailing entry requirements.

Please renew your REP online using ICA’s e-Service within 3 months prior to its expiry date. 

If you are overseas and do not have a Singpass account, you may submit your application through the Consulate-General at least 2 months before your current REP expires.  For such applications, the processing time is about 4 to 6 weeks.  Please note that some applications may take longer to process.  

Please refer to ICA’s website here and the following links for more information:

Travel Page