For Singaporeans who wish to register their marriage in Thailand

Both you and your fiancé/fiancée must present yourselves in person at the Singapore Embassy in Bangkok to execute an affidavit.  To make an appointment, visit to book an available slot.  Appointments can only be made 1 to 10 working days in advance.  Please bring along the following:

Documents Required

(a) The original Marriage Search Result from the Registry of Marriages (ROM) in Singapore showing that there is no record of a marriage contracted by you (*For Muslims, please obtain the Marriage Search Result from Registry of Muslim Marriages):

Registry of Marriages, 7 Canning Rise, Singapore 179869
Tel: +65 6338 7808

  • You should not select the free “Search marriage application” service.  Only the original hard copy of the search result will be accepted for the purpose of your affidavit.  The search result should be obtained within 6 months before you execute your affidavit at the Embassy.  We will certify a true copy of this search result for your subsequent marriage registration with the Thai authorities. 
  • If you are based overseas, you can apply for a Marriage Search Result online, and request ROM/ROMM to post the search result to your overseas address.
  • If you were previously married, you are also required to furnish the original (or a certified true copy of) Final Judgment of Divorce/Certificate of Making Interim Judgment Final/Certificate of Making Decree Nisi Absolute, showing that your previous marriage has been legally dissolved.
  • If you are a widow/widower, you are required to furnish the original (or a certified true copy of) death certificate of your late spouse.

(b) A letter from your employer stating your present occupation and monthly salary.

(c) Original Passports and Identity Cards of both you and your fiancé/fiancée.



110 Baht


Processing Time

Half a working day


Subsequent Procedure

After you have obtained the affidavit and certified true copies (CTC) of your Marriage Search Result and Singapore Passport biodata page from the Embassy (each CTC will cost 120 Baht, not including photocopying supply fee of 10 Baht per page, if needed), you will need to have them translated to Thai and legalised by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which may take up to 3 working days.  Thereafter, you can register your marriage at any District Office of your choice, in the presence of two witnesses and a Thai interpreter.  For more details on Thai MFA’s address, contact information, opening hours, legalisation service requirements and fees, please refer to


Important Notice

Any current or former work permit holder who intends to marry a Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident, must first seek approval from the Singapore Ministry of Manpower (MOM) before proceeding to file a notice of marriage.  This is to ensure that the marriage application does not contravene any work permit conditions.  For more information including how to apply for MOM’s approval, please visit  The registration of marriage between a non-Singaporean and Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident does not automatically accord the foreign spouse the right of permanent residence in Singapore.



Travel Page