Reporting Loss and Replacement of IC

The High Commission will not be able to replace your IC. Application for a replacement IC can only be submitted personally at the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).

if you are overseas, you may defer the replacement of your IC until your return to Singapore, provided you remain a Singapore citizen.

You may email ICA at the following address: to report to ICA that you have lost your identity card.

A police report is required only if you are a victim of crime. You can produce an overseas police report or take an oath (in the absence of a police report) at the ICA office in the presence of Commissioner for Oaths regarding the loss of IC, when you visit the ICA Building for replacement. In addition, please produce your original passport(s) to prove your absence from Singapore, one IC photograph in colour and the relevant registration fee.

Once you are back in Singapore, please proceed to ICA at:

Counter 1, IC Section
Citizen Services Centre
3rd Storey, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
Singapore 208718 

If your lost IC is subsequently found after receiving a replacement, you must return the found IC to ICA.

For full details and procedures on reporting loss of IC, please click here.


Change of Name or Address in IC

For update of residential address (Singapore or Overseas), click here.

For change of particulars, click here.

Travel Page