Please follow the steps below if you have lost or damage your Singapore passport:
1) If you have misplaced your passport, please conduct another detail search. Passports reported lost cannot be used, even if later recovered. If you do recover your passport, you must surrender it to ICA within 14 days. Failure to surrender a recovered passport is an offence. You could face a fine and/or imprisonment. Under the Passports Act (Chapter 220), you must report a lost passport within 14 days of losing it. We recommend you report it immediately.
2) If your passport could not be found or is lost due to theft, robbery or other circumstances, you should make a report at the nearest local police station immediately and obtain a copy of the police report indicating your name, NRIC or passport number and the loss of your passport.
3) Report the loss to ICA through the following eService with your SingPass:
Important: Please select "Malaysia" for the "Country of Loss" field.
4) Apply for a travel document via the following link to ICA’s eService and select Johor Bahru as the collection point:
5) Forward ICA’s acknowledgment email to email@example.com and provide your contact number in the email.
For application of Document of Identity (DOI) to return to Singapore:
- Prepare one passport-size (45 mm X 35 mm) colour photograph against a plain white background, with matt or semi-matt finish.
- The Consulate-General will contact you on the first working day upon receiving ICA’s approval to collect your DOI.
- Proceed to the Malaysian Immigration Department HQ in Johor Bahru at the following address to obtain a special pass on your DOI before going to the immigration checkpoint.
Pejabat Imigresen Setia Tropika
Kompleks Kementerian Dalam Negeri,
Jalan Setia Tropika,
Taman Setia Tropika, Kempas
81200 Johor Bahru
Tel: +60 (7) 2338400
If you applied for a new passport instead of a DOI, your new passport may take several weeks to arrive in Johor Bahru. The Consulate-General will contact you on the mobile number provided in your online application to fix an appointment for collection of passport.
If you require further assistance, please contact the Consulate-General via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main line +60 (7) 226-5012 during office hours.
Suite 35.02, Level 35,
Johor Bahru City Square Office Tower
106-108, Jalan Wong Ah Fook
80000 Johor Bahru
Monday - Friday
8:30am to 1:00pm
2:00pm to 5:00pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays - Closed
Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs) and Employment Pass Holders who have lost their passports should contact their respective Embassies/Consulates for advice.