Important note: To ensure greater transparency in the fees for Singapore visa applications, the Singapore Government will implement a fixed visa fee of RMB 300 (all inclusive) for Singapore visa applications with effect from 1 February 2017. The fixed fee is inclusive of the visa processing fee of SGD $30 payable to Singapore Government and a service fee payable to the Authorised Visa Agents.
Please approach our Authorised Visa Agents (556.28KB) for your visa application. The Singapore Embassy in Beijing and our Consulates-General in Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Xiamen have ceased to accept walk-in visa applications with effect from 8 Dec 2014.
Entry and Visa Requirements for all foreigners
A Singapore visa is not an immigration pass. It is a pre-entry permission for the holder of a valid Singapore visa to travel to, and seek entry, into Singapore. The grant of an immigration pass will be determined by the ICA officers at the point of entry. Possession of a valid visa alone does not guarantee entry into Singapore.
The period of stay granted is shown on the visit pass endorsement given on your passport and it is not tied to the validity of your visa.
If your travel document is issued by one of the countries or regions below, you will need a visa to enter Singapore. For more information, please visit ICA’s website.
Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Egypt, Georgia, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Document of Identity), India, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Macao Special Administrative Region Travel Permit, Mali, Moldova, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, People's Republic of China (PRC), Russia, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Holders of Palestinian Authority Passport, Temporary Passport issued by the United Arab Emirates and Refugee Travel Document issued by Middle-East countries. These travel documents are subject to assessment of recognition for entry into Singapore.
Application for Entry Visa
• Entry Visas
For those who enter Singapore with approval letter from Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) or Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and those who lost their Work Pass or Student Pass while in China.
Visa application fee
The visa processing fee of $30 Singapore dollar is non-refundable. Our Authorised Visa Agents will charge a service fee on top of the visa processing fee. With effect from 1 Feb 2017, all our agents in China will charge a fixed visa fee of RMB 300, which is inclusive of the visa processing fee and the service fee.
• The processing time is 3 to 5 working days (including the day of submission by Authorised Visa Agents). Some applications may take longer to process. Each visa application will be considered on its own merits.
Submission of Visa Applications
With effect from 8 Dec 2014, the Singapore Embassy in Beijing and our Consulate-General offices in Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Xiamen will cease to accept walk-in visa applications. Please submit your visa applications through our Authorised Visa Agents.
If you have a Singapore citizen or a Singapore PR who can act as your local contact and who has a SingPass account, the local contact can also submit the application online via Submission of Application for Visa Electronically (SAVE) at http://www.ica.gov.sg/
Collection of Visas
You will collect your visa directly from the Authorised Visa Agents once it is ready for collection.
Please note that visa issued will be in electronic form (e-Visa) for visa required nationals. Upon the receipt of the e-Visa, we encourage that you use SAVE system at http://www.ica.gov.sg/ to print out additional copy for safekeeping. The visa application reference number (eg. VSCxxxxxxSAxxxx2009) and your passport number are required to retrieve a valid e-Visa from SAVE -> Status Enquiry.
Please note that the approved e-Visa is required to be sighted by the airlines during check-in. Failing to present the e-Visa will render individual not able to travel to Singapore.
Visa Enquiry phone line
All applicants and local contacts are encouraged to read the details outlined here. If further clarification is still required, please contact the nearest Singapore Embassy or Singapore Consulate-General office’s Visa Enquiry line or our Authorised Visa Agents (556.28KB).
Singapore Embassy in Beijing Tel: +86-010-6532 9380
Singapore Consulate-General in Shanghai Tel: +86-021-6278 5566
Singapore Consulate-General in Chengdu Tel: +86-028-8652 7222
Singapore Consulate-General in Guangzhou Tel: +86-020-3891 2345
Singapore Consulate-General in Xiamen Tel: +86-0592-268 4691
1. Incomplete forms and/or documents submitted may result in the application being rejected or the processing delayed.
2. Every application for a visa, including the duration of the visa granted, will be considered on its own merits and subject to approval.
3. Applicants should ensure that the visa applications are approved before they obtain their air ticket. We are not responsible for any financial loss in the event that the application is not successful.
4. The visa issued is normally dated on the day when you submit the application and the validity of the visa cannot be changed once issued. Please do not submit the application too early before your planned trip to Singapore. If the validity of the visa has lapsed, the applicant will need to submit a fresh application. Applicants are advised to submit the applications 1 to 2 weeks prior to the departure and to check the visa date of issue and the validity period carefully upon receiving the visa.
5. Possession of a visa does not guarantee entry into Singapore. The granting of entry into Singapore is determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the point of entry. Visitors must also meet entry requirements such as holding a valid passport, sufficient funds for the period of stay in Singapore and confirmed onward/return air ticket (if applicable).
6. The period of stay in Singapore will be decided by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority Officer at the point of entry in Singapore. Applicants are advised to check their passports for the arrival endorsement and take note of the duration of stay given.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q: Can I apply for a visa upon arrival at Singapore?
A: No, application for a Singapore visa must be submitted and be approved prior to arrival in Singapore.
2. Q: What material should be submitted for group household register.
A: For group household register, please either provide the original & photocopy or approach the Public Security Bureau or local police station to produce a certificate/letter.
3. Q: Must the certificate of bank deposit be a fixed deposit certificate? Are there any specific requirements?
A: The deposit certificate need not necessary be freezed as long as it is issued within 1 month of the visa submission date. There is no minimum requirement on the amount of money needed on the certificate of bank deposit, as long as the sum can reflect your actual economic capability.
4. Q: How do I transfer my valid visa from my old passport to the new one?
A: For transfer of visa, please submit your old and new passport (original and copy), the valid visa, and the fulfilled Form 14A (201.50KB) and your 2 inches colored photos to our Authorised Visa Agents.