Non-Singaporeans can become Singapore Permanent Residents (SPRs) by obtaining an Entry Permit. An application for an Entry Permit is an application for Singapore Permanent Residence. The following categories of foreigners are eligible to submit applications:

  • Spouse and unmarried children (below 21 years old) of a Singapore Citizen (SC)/Permanent Resident (SPR);
  • Aged parents of a Singapore Citizen;
  • P, Q or S work pass holders working in Singapore;
  • Investors/Entrepreneurs

Spouse and unmarried children of Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident 

Applicants may submit their application and supporting documents through the Singapore Embassy. The Mission will not need to collect any processing fees on behalf of ICA. Upon approval of PR application, the successful applicant will have to complete the PR formalities in person at the ICA Building in Singapore. ICA itself does not collect processing fees and only collects certain fees for issuance of documents (fees to be paid directly to ICA at ICA itself will be clearly stated in the approval letter).


Global Investor Programme (GIP) for Investors/Entrepreneurs

The GIP eases the way for foreign investors, entrepreneurs and business executives to set up and conduct businesses in Singapore. EDB will provide assistance in linking up foreign entrepreneurs and investors with local business networks, thus opening up more opportunities for business collaborations. Through the GIP, you can tap on with ease a range of immigration facilitation for your entry and stay in Singapore. Investors/Entrepreneurs who have a good track record and who are interested to invest in Singapore may apply for PR. Please view the EDB website for details of the Investment Scheme, or liaise with the Singapore Economic Development Board or any of its international offices.

The Singapore Economic Board Website is


Processing Time

The processing time for an application is 3 months. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by mail. Applicant should notify ICA if there are any changes in his/her address.

For more details on PR, please visit the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority Homepage @

Travel Page