If your passport is lost or stolen, you will need to do the following:
- Lodge a police report
- Provide two passport size photographs to the Embassy. Instant photographs are acceptable.
- Contact the Embassy in person with the police report and photographs. You should also bring along documentary proof of your Singapore citizenship eg NRIC, Photocard Driving Licence or credit card with photograph. Please call the Embassy at (974) 44128082 / 83 to inform us about the loss of your passport during office hours. After office hours, you can call the Duty Officer at (974) 55488608.
- After your identity has been verified, the Embassy will issue you with a temporary travel document known as a Document of Identity (DOI) for your return to Singapore. The issuance of the DOI is subject to approval by the Commissioner of Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
- With the DOI and a letter from the Embassy, you can then leave Qatar in the absence of the passport.
- Upon your return to Singapore, you will need to surrender the DOI and apply for a new passport at ICA.
- if you manage the recover your lost passport, please inform the Embassy.
- Singapore citizens residing in Qatar who lose their passports can apply for a replacement passport through the Consular Section of the Singapore Embassy.
NB: Always travel with your NRIC but keep it separate from your passport. Also keep your local address eg hotel name card or the Embassy’s address with your passport so that if it is found it could be returned to you before your departure.
Document of Identity (QR45)
1st Replacement of Passport (QR365)
3 working days (for DOI if identity of applicant can be verified.)
2-4 weeks (for replacement of passport)