The Consular Section of the Consulate-General provides assistance to Singaporeans who have lost their passports.

If your passport is lost or stolen, you will need to do the following:


  1. Please report the loss of your passport via ICA's e-Service, as well as apply and pay for a new passport and/or Document of Identity (DOI) as necessary.  

  2. Lodge a loss report with the Entry-Exit Administration Bureau (EEAB) and the nearest Public Security Bureau (PSB). Request for a copy of the Confirmation of Loss of Passport Report.

  3. Please bring along the reports from PSB and EEAB, and your NRIC to the Consulate-General.

  4. After ICA has approved the issuance of your passport and/or DOI, the Consulate-General will inform you for collection.

  5. With the DOI, you will need to approach the Chengdu Entry-Exit Administration Bureau at the following address to obtain an Alien's Exit-Entry Permit before leaving China.

    Division of Exit-Entry Administration of Chengdu Municipal Public Security Bureau

    Address: No.2 Renmin West road, Chengdu, Sichuan Province

    Office hours: 9:00am to 12:00am; 1:00pm to 5:00pm

    Contact no: 8628 - 8640 7067

  6. You may be required to prove to the Entry and Exit Bureau that you have registered with a hotel or a local police station when you first arrived in China. This is to facilitate investigation by the Entry and Exit Administration Bureau before they could issue you with an Exit Permit to leave China. It normally takes about 5 to 7 working days to obtain the Exit Permit for foreigners who have lost their passports in China.

  7. Upon your return to Singapore, you will need to surrender the DOI to ICA.
  8. If you manage to recover your lost passport, please inform ICA and the Consulate-General.

You may also wish to visit the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website for more information.

Travel Page