Singapore Government
Font size

No results found.

Home / Services / Singapore Citizens / I Need Help Overseas / Loss of Passport

Loss of Passport

What should I do if lose my passport overseas?

If you have lost your passport overseas, we advise to do the following:

  1. Lodge a police report with the local police immediately, and contact the nearest Singapore Overseas Mission.

  2. Proceed to the Singapore Embassy with the police report, two recent passport-sized photographs, documentary proof of your citizenship status and identity (e.g. Identity Card, Birth Certificate).

  3. For Singaporeans who are tourists, our Embassy will issue a Document of Identity (DOI) to enable you to return to Singapore after your particulars have been verified. The DOI application fee is S$15. Upon your return to Singapore, you would need to apply for a new passport at the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).

  4. For Singaporeans who are working or studying in the country, our Embassy will assist you in your application for a replacement passport.

If your passport is lost in a country with no Singapore Embassy, you may contact the nearest Singapore Overseas Mission for assistance. For more information on reporting the loss of a Singapore passport, please visit ICA’s websitor write to them at

Travel Page