How can you help me if I am arrested overseas?
- We will defend your right to be treated humanely and fairly, and ensure that you are not denied any legal assistance which you may be entitled to.
- We will ensure you are not denied access to a consular officer.
- We will ensure that you are not detained pending trial for a disproportionate length of time.
- We will pass on information on the progress of your case to your family.
- We will assist in arranging prison visits by your family to see you.
- We will assist you in gathering information on the host country’s judicial and prison system.
- We will provide a list of lawyers to you and your family.
- We will ensure that you are not denied access to required medical care.
- We will assist in transferring funds for your legal fees.
- We will facilitate your return to Singapore upon your release.
What are you unable to do for me if I am arrested abroad?
- We cannot post bail or pay fines for you.
- We cannot disregard the host country’s laws to ensure your release.
- We cannot provide you with legal advice.
- We cannot intervene in your legal case.