Home / Consular Services / Singapore Citizens / I Need Help Overseas / Victim of Crime

Victim of Crime

What should I do if I am cheated in a foreign country?

Please lodge a police report with the local police and engage a lawyer for your case.

You may approach the nearest Singapore Overseas Mission which would be able to provide you with a list of local lawyers for your reference. Do note that the list is not exhaustive and MFA cannot vouch for the competence or probity of the services provided by the firms on the list.

We seek your understanding that MFA is not in any position to provide you with any legal advice or intervene in the local judicial process. We are also unable to act as an intermediary in disputes which are civil or commercial in nature.

Travel Page