What should I do if my family member or friend is missing overseas?
- Please lodge a police report at the nearest Neighbourhood Police Post.
- You may then contact the relevant Singapore Overseas Mission or the MFA Duty Office at +65 6379 8800 and provide us with a copy of the police report.
What MFA cannot do:
- We cannot track down your family/friend.
- We are unable to advise whether or not your family/friend has left Singapore or entered another country.
MFA can help you with the following where feasible:
- If there are reasons to suspect that the missing person has been hospitalised, we can check with major local hospitals to verify this.
- If there are reasons to suspect that the missing person has been arrested, we can check with local authorities to verify this.