The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) has launched a new system (the Application for Passport Online Electronic System or Apples) to allow Singaporeans to apply for or renew their passports via the Internet. To do so, please visit this address.
Alternatively, passport application forms can be:
The completed application form should be submitted to the Consular Section, Singapore Embassy, together with:
- photocopy of your Identity Card/Birth Certificate
- photocopy of your Citizenship Certificate (if applicant is a citizen by descent or registration)
- 3 recent photographs (45mm x 35mm). The photographs must be taken full face, in colour, without headgear and against a white background
- photocopy of the relevant pages of your current passport
- on approval, a passport fee of FEC38.00 (equivalent to S$70.00)
The application will be forwarded to ICA for processing. You will be notified when your new passport is ready for collection.
A passport that is 10 years old cannot be extended. If you wish to extend a passport less than 10 years old, please send your request and passport to the Consular Section, Singapore Embassy. We will forward your request to ICA for processing. The average processing time is 4-6 weeks.