The Consulate-General does not process the Registration of Citizenship by Descent but assist to forward the application forms and supporting documents to the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority for processing.
An overseas-born child may be eligible for Singapore Citizenship by Descent if any of the following conditions can be met:
- Male Singapore citizen by Birth who has a lawful marriage at the time of the child’s birth;
- Male Singapore citizen by Registration who has a lawful marriage at the time of the child’s birth and the child shall not acquire citizenship of the country he was born by reason of his birth in that country;
- Female Singapore citizen by Birth and child is born on or after 15 May 2004; or
- Female Singapore citizen by Registration and child born on or after 15 May 2004. Child shall not acquire citizenship of the country he was born by reason of his birth in that country.
Note: The application has to be submitted within one year of the child’s birth. Otherwise, a letter of explanation is required for late submission.
The following documents (original and photocopy) must be produced
- A set of completed application form (Form SCRM)
- One recent passport-sized colour photograph of the child applying for citizenship
- Parents’ identity cards;
- Parents’ citizenship certificates (if any);
- Parents’ passports;
- Parents’ entry permits and re-entry permits (if any);
- Parents’ marriage certificate. If the marriage is registered outside Singapore, a Statutory Declaration to the effect that the (name of the wife) is his one and only wife, is required;
Parents’ divorce certificate/separation agreement/proof of children’s custodianship of previous spouse/marriage (if applicable);
- Parents’ academic/professional/educational certificates;
- Parents’ letter of employment from current employer stating date of employment, position held and monthly gross salary;
- Parents’ income tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years and CPF contribution history for the last 12 months (preceding date of application);
- Parents’ latest computer information on business profile from Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (if any of the parent is an sole proprietor/partner or director of a company); and
- Child’s birth certificate.
The general processing time for Singapore Citizenship application is six (6) to twelve (12) months with complete documentation. Some applications may take a longer time to process.
Processing of application - S$100 (non-refundable)
Issue of Citizenship Certificate - S$70 (if application is approved)
Applicant should remit the total fee of S$170 in cheque made payable to the Commissioner, Immigration & Checkpoints Authority or Registrar of Citizens.
Please visit the ICA website for the latest information.