A valid Re-Entry Permit (REP) is necessary whenever a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) wishes to travel out of Singapore. It will enable the Permanent Resident to retain his/her SPR status while away from Singapore. A SPR who remains outside Singapore without a valid REP will lose his/her SPR status.
Please note that with the introduction of e-REP, ICA will cease the practice of stamping the REP in the passport. Instead, an electronic Re-Entry Permit (Form 7) will be issued.
To apply for renewal or transfer of Singapore Re-entry Permit (REP), Singapore Permanent Residents can apply online through the e-REP service at http://erep.ica.gov.sg/erep with a SingPass account before the expiry date of current REP.
You can apply for a SingPass account either by accessing the Singapore Government’s SingPass website at: http://www.singpass.gov.sg or by going to the nearest SingPass counter location in Singapore (Please visit the SingPass website for more information).
APPLYING AT THE SINGAPORE EMBASSY IN WASHINGTON, DC IN PERSON OR BY MAIL
All applications submitted in person to the Singapore Embassy in Washington DC will only be accepted between 9.00am to 1.00pm on weekdays on an appointment-only basis.
Hardcopy applications will be accepted at the Singapore Embassy under the following conditions:
- the applicant is unable to access the e-REP system or is unable to obtain a SingPass account
- the applicant is able to fulfil the following conditions:
- A copy of Form 6 is to be completed for each passport that requires REP. Download Notes on REP.
- Valid travel document
- Singapore Blue Identity Card / Identity Card for National Service personnel
- Latest Re-Entry Permit
Additional Documents Required for SPRs under the Professionals/Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers (PTS) Scheme
- A letter (issued not more than one month ago) from the employer addressed to the Controller of Immigration, stating the date of employment, position held and monthly salary
- Statement from the CPF Board showing the CPF Contribution History for the last 12 months
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years
- If you are sent by your employer in Singapore to work in USA, please also obtain a letter from your company in Singapore stating the duration of your assignment and the expected date of completion of your assignment in USA.
Self employed: (company director, sole proprietor, business partner)
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years
- And ONE of the three documents listed below:
- Practising Certificate (applicable to applicants whose occupations require such certificates to proceed with their respective professional practices in Singapore, e.g. doctors, lawyers, etc)
- Vocational Licence
- Business Registration Certificate (showing the names of all the Directors and partners) from the Instant Information Service, Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
Additional Documents Required for Spouse of a Singapore Citizen/SPR
- Original marriage certificate
- Singapore Identity Card of Spouse
Additional Documents Required for Dependant SPR below 21 Years of Age
- Travel document
- Birth Certificate
- Parent's identity cards
- Marriage certificate of parents
- Parents’ travel documents with latest Re-Entry Permits
When the applicant reaches 21 years old, he/she needs to produce the highest qualification certificate and proof of employment in Singapore, if any.
Note: Additional documents and information may be required to support the application if necessary.
All hardcopy applications should include a cover letter should be stating the following:
- Intention to renew REP / SPR status: please state the REP expiry dat ore; and,
- Complete contact details: updated address, email and contact phone numbers.
You will be informed of the actual fee based on the REP duration granted in your approval letter.
If payment is made in the United States, the fee is US$ 8.00 for each year (or part thereof) of REP granted, capped at 5 years. See below ‘Additional Notes’ for payment instructions.
If payment is made in Singapore, the fee is SG$ 10.00 for each year of REP granted, capped at 5 years. Payment can be made by NETS/Cash Card.
All fees are subject to change without notice.
- The application should be submitted at least 2 months before the expiry of the current REP. This is to allow sufficient time for processing.
- An overseas applicant whose spouse is a SC or SPR should furnish his/her spouse's Singapore identity card number and a copy of their marriage certificate to expedite processing.
- If you had successfully applied for a REP whilst overseas, you may complete the entire REP renewal formalities online or at overseas mission. There may be instances where a SPR is required to return to Singapore to complete the formalities for a 5-year REP at the Permanent Resident Services Centre, ICA Building. In such cases, you will be granted a 3-month REP to facilitate your return to Singapore.
ADDITIONAL NOTES IF YOU ARE APPLYING THROUGH:
- SINGAPORE EMBASSY IN WASHINGTON DC
3501 International Place NW, Washington, DC 20008
Hours: 9.00am – 1.00pm and 2.00pm – 5.00pm, Mondays to Fridays
- Please issue a cashier’s cheque or money order in US currency made payable to the "Singapore Embassy". Personal/corporate checks are not accepted.
- Payment by exact cash if applying in person. Do not send cash through the mail.
- To facilitate the return of your documents by post, please provide a self-addressed and stamped US Postal Service (USPS) Express Mail Flat Rate envelope OR a self-addressed prepaid envelope from a courier service of your choice. For the latter, please make sure that pick-up service from our location is available.
- SINGAPORE CONSULATE-GENERAL IN SAN FRANCISCO
595 Market Street, Suite 2450, San Francisco, CA 94105
Hours: 9:00am to 1:00pm, Mondays to Fridays
- Please issue a cashier’s cheque or money order in US currency made payable to the "Singapore Consulate-General".
- To facilitate the return of your documents by post, please provide a self-addressed and stamped US Postal Service (USPS) Express Mail/Priority Mail envelope OR a self-addressed prepaid envelope from a courier service of your choice. For the latter, please make sure that pick-up service from the Consulate is available.
- SINGAPORE CONSULATE IN NEW YORK
318 East 48th Street, New York, NY10017
Hours: 9.00am - 1.00pm, Mondays to Fridays
- Please issue a cashier’s cheque or money order in US currency made payable to "The Consulate of Singapore".
- To facilitate the return of your documents by post, please provide a self-addressed and stamped US Postal Service (USPS) Express Mail envelope. Federal Express, DHL, UPS, Airborne, Certified mail, etc. are not acceptable.
We are not responsible for any document lost in the mail.