Embassy of the Republic of Singapore - Tokyo
Home   |  日本語   
Overseas Voters

Singapore Permanent Residents

The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) and the Embassy no longer accept PR application submitted in hard copies. All applications must be submitted online at https://www.ica.gov.sg/pass/PR/pass_PR_becomeapr

Electronic Re-Entry Permit (e-REP)

All SPRs who are holding valid REP and issued with SingPass accounts can apply to renew or transfer their REPs online via the Electronic Re-Entry Permit (e-REP). Those who do not have SingPass may apply for one at www.singpass.gov.sg

Singapore Citizens or SPRs who have SingPass accounts can also use e-REP to submit REP renewal applications on behalf of their spouse and children.  

Apply/Renew/Transfer Re-Entry Permit (REP) at the Embassy

The application for REP renewal should be submitted at least 2 months before the current REP expires. 

Documents required:

  1. Completed application form (Form 6)
  2. Original and copy of your current passport (with the latest REP, if any)
  3. Original and copy of your new passport (for transfer)
  4. Blue NRIC (for transfer/renew)
  5. Supporting documents (e.g. proof of employment in Singapore, marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc)

For more information, please refer to ICA's website at https://www.ica.gov.sg/PR/reentry/PR_reentry_apply


ICA may require you to return to Singapore to complete the application formalities in person.

A SPR who remains outside Singapore without a valid REP will lose his/her PR status.


Office hours: Weekdays,
9.00 am to 5.30 pm

Counter/Notarial Service: Weekdays, 9.30 am to 12.00 pm*
* Appointment is required for services in the afternoon 

The Embassy is closed on weekends, public holidays in Japan and Singapore National Day on 9 Aug.

List of Embassy holidays in 2018, 2019

Address 5-12-3 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032

+81 (3) 3586-9111/2
Fax +81 (3) 3582-1085
Email singemb_tyo@mfa.sg

Emergency No.
For consular emergencies after office hours call
+81 (90) 3208-4122

Location Map

Honorary Consulate-General

  • HCG in Osaka
    Tel: +81 (72) 223-6911

  • HCG in Nagoya
    Tel: +81 (52) 935-1258

OM e-banner - DRAFT V2b
OSU Logo