Recruitment of Research Assistant/Translator
Singapore Embassy in Phnom Penh invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Research Assistant/Translator
· Bachelor degree in any discipline except for Law, Medicine and Dentistry
· Fluent in written and spoken English and Khmer
· Able to interpret conversations / discussions in Khmer to English, and vice- versa.
· Able to translate documents, reports and correspondences in Khmer to English and vice-versa
· Good in-depth knowledge of current and international affairs
· Able to research and analyse information, compile statistical data and have good report writing skills
· Competent in Microsoft Office applications
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Of upright character and integrity, hardworking and responsible, able to work independently with minimal supervision, yet able to work well in a team
A competitive salary package will be offered to the right candidate, which includes performance and other related bonuses. Prior experience in a similar capacity is preferred but applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to submit a resume with the following documents via email to email@example.com:
1. A cover letter in English,
2. CV with a recent photo,
3. A write-up of not more than 500 words on Cambodia’s foreign policy
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written tests and interviews.
Overseas Travel – Be Informed & Be Safe [8 November 2018]
In view of the upcoming holiday travel season, Singaporeans planning overseas travel are reminded to take necessary precautions, including being prepared to deal with accidents, natural disasters or terrorism. In 2018, disasters such as earthquake, tsunami, volcanic eruption and typhoon struck our region and beyond, which affected a number of popular tourist destinations. In addition, threats of terror attack at tourist destinations cannot be ruled out. It is important for Singaporeans to be informed and be safe while travelling.
For those planning to travel, here are some tips:
- Familiarise yourself with our network of overseas missions.
- Purchase comprehensive travel insurance and be familiar with the terms and coverage.
- Equip yourself with research about your destination’s current situation, local laws and customs.
- eRegister with us on our website (https://www.mfa.gov.sg) so that we may reach out to you during an emergency.
- Always take care of your personal safety, and remain vigilant and alert to local weather news, advisories, and security developments.
- Exercise caution around large gatherings and avoid locations known for demonstrations or disturbances.
- Be prepared for possible delays and last-minute changes in travel plans especially during unforeseen events such as natural disasters or terror attacks.
- Stay connected with your friends and family. Inform them of your whereabouts and provide them with your overseas contact details.
In the event that you require consular assistance, please contact the nearest Singapore Overseas Mission or call the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at +65 6379 8800/8855.