General entry requirements for all visitors
The granting of visit passes to visitors is determined by officers of the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) at the point of entry. Regardless of their nationality, ALL visitors to Singapore must possess the following standard travel documents.
• A passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the last day of intended stay in Singapore
• Sufficient funds for the intended period of stay in Singapore
• A photocopy of round trip air ticket or complete flight itinerary
• Entry facilities to their onward destinations, e.g. visas.
• Completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card
• Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable (travellers who have been in or passed through any country at risk of yellow fever in the six days before arriving in Singapore)
The period of stay granted is shown on the visit pass endorsement given on the visitor's passport. Visitors are advised to check their passports for the arrival endorsement and take note of the number of days given before leaving the checkpoint.
Please click here for detailed information from the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority.
NATIONALS FROM COUNTRIES REQUIRING VISAS
Visa application is required for citizens / passport holders of the following countries:
Nationals of Assessment Level I Countries
(Countries requiring visas and eligible for an electronic visa)
India, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, People's Republic of China, Hong Kong SAR Document of Identity, Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit, Georgia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Commonwealth of Independent States (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan)
Please click here for the list of documents required
Nationals of Assessment Level II Countries
(Countries requiring visas and eligible for visa sticker to be affixed on the passport)
Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mali, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen and holders of Palestinian Authority Passport, Temporary Passport issued by the United Arab Emirates and Refugee Travel Document issued by Middle-East countries
Please click here for the list of documents required
Assessment Level II applicants who do not reside in France are advised to apply for visas from their nearest Singapore Overseas Mission.
Note for travellers transiting in Singapore
Nationals of Assessment Level I and Level II countries who are transiting in Singapore via low cost carriers should check with their airlines or check Changi Airport website (www.changiairport.com/in-transit/transit-information ) for more information on the transfer facilities available and whether you are required to clear Arrival Immigration in Singapore for the transit (if so, please apply for a visa).
Submission of visa applications
The Embassy accepts visa applications from 9.00 am to 1.00 pm from Monday to Friday. The Embassy’s Consular Service Counter is closed on weekends, French public holidays and the Singapore National Day on 9 August.
Note: if you have a Singaporean Citizen or a Singapore PR who can act as your local sponsor and who has a SingPass account, the local contact can also submit the application online via SAVE.
Visa applications will be accepted only when all the following documents are in order:
- Fully completed 14A visa application form;
- 1 recent coloured passport size photograph attached properly on the form;
- Photocopy (in A4 size - 1 copy) of your passport bio-data pages containing your photograph, name, gender, date of birth, passport number. Passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the last day of intended stay in Singapore;
- Photocopy (in A4 size - 1 copy) of your air-tickets and/or confirmed itinerary;
- Booking confirmation from the hotel in Singapore (under the name of the visa applicant);
- A local telephone number + e-mail address.
For Level II countries applicants only:
7. Form V39A - Letter of Introduction (LOI) from a local contact or company in Singapore. The V39A form must be accompanied either by:
· Local contact’s copy of Singapore Identity Card (Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident who is at least 21 years old. For business visits, the local contact must be acting on behalf of the Singapore-registered business entity.)
· Computer printout of the Singapore registered business entity’s detailed business profile from the Instant Information Service, ACRA (www.acra.gov.sg)
If applicants are not able to provide Form V39A, they will have to provide a cover letter to indicate the reasons of their travels to Singapore for ICA’s consideration.
- Please note that scanned or unclear photographs will not be accepted.
- Any incomplete form or false declaration will result in the application being delayed or rejected respectively.
Visa applications take 10 working days to process from the date of receipt of a complete application. Please note that there is no expediting service.
The visa processing fee for each application is 19 EUR as of 1 January 2018. The default mode of payment is by cash or cheque. The fee is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application.
Collection of visas
Assessment Level I applicants
An electronic visa (e-Visa) in PDF format will be conveyed to successful Assessment Level I applicants. The e-Visa should be presented to the immigration officer at Singapore checkpoints along with a valid passport.
Assessment Level II applicants
A visa sticker will be issued to successful Assessment Level II applicants. When notified by the Embassy of a successful application, an Assessment Level II applicant should bring his or her passport to the Embassy. The visa sticker will be affixed on the passport. Assessment Level II applicants who do not reside in France are advised to apply for visas from their nearest Singapore Overseas Mission.
All applicants are encouraged to read the details outlined in this page. If further clarification is still required, please contact the Consular Service at Singemb_Par@mfa.sg
Other Entry Passes
The Embassy accepts visa applications only for social, tourism or business purposes. Foreign professionals, managers, executives, specialist or entrepreneurs who wish to work in Singapore need to apply for Employment Pass. For further information please contact the Ministry of Manpower at www.mom.gov.sg.
For information about other Entry Passes, you may consult the following websites:
· Student Pass (www.ica.gov.sg)
· Internship or Training Passes (www.mom.gov.sg)