Only a Singapore Citizen may apply for a Singapore Passport.
You can apply for a passport using the Application for Passport Online Electronic System (APPLES) at ICA’s website using your SingPass. Please refer to these FAQs on how you can register for 2-Step Verification (2FA) if you are living overseas (FAQ Categories - Security Features - Registering for 2FA - #10). You may wish to contact SingPass if you require further assistance.
Applicants can also obtain the relevant application forms:
- By downloading and printing the forms from ICA’s website here;
- By collecting the forms from the Consular Section, Singapore High Commission, 9 Wilton Crescent, London SW1X 8SP, during opening hours;
- By posting a self-addressed, stamped envelope which must be sent to the Consular Section, Singapore High Commission, London, UK with a request for an application form.
All applications can be submitted by post, by proxy or in person at the Consular Section during the opening hours together with the following documents:
- Duly completed, signed and dated Application Form [Form IMM (E) 11 (OS)] for New Singapore Passport Submitted Overseas
- 2 photocopies of current passport (biodata page)
- 2 photocopies of Identity Card (front and back) OR Birth Certificate OR Citizenship Certificate (if applicant is a citizen by descent or registration)
- 2 recent photographs that meets the specifications stated in Page 2 (Note No. 5a) of the Application Form IMM (E) 11 (OS) - Photographs that do not meet the requirements will result in a delay in the processing of the passport application
- 2 photocopies of Marriage Certificate (for married female applicants who already have their married names included in their current passports and wish to continue including their married names in their new passports)
- 2 photocopies of valid Exit Permit/Notice of Exemption (for male applicants only)
- Passport fees by cash or British Postal Order payable to "Singapore High Commission". Bank transfer, bank draft, personal cheque, debit and credit card are not accepted.
For Minor children's application for renewal of passport, please also provide:
- 2 photocopies of minor's passport
- 2 photocopies of minor's full birth certificate (reflecting both parents' particulars)
- 2 photocopies of minor's citizenship certificate/NRIC (whichever applicable)
- 2 photocopies of minor's valid exit permit (male children aged 13 to 21 only)
- 2 photocopies of parents'/legal guardian's passport or NRIC
- 2 recent passport-sized color photographs of minor
- Payment of GBP46.00 in cash or British Postal Order made payable to Singapore High Commission
1. New Passport / Renewal - GBP46.00
2. Replacement of Lost or Damaged or Destroyed Passport
(a) First replacement - GBP29.00
(b) Second and subsequent replacement - GBP57.00
All applicants must bring or post their photocopies – the photocopies must be of good quality and size A4. The High Commission does not provide photocopying services to members of the public.
Should applicants wish to submit their passport application forms and supporting documents by post, it is recommended to do so via recorded delivery to ensure the safe receipt of their documents. Applicants will be informed in writing (by post or email) when the new passport is ready to be collected.
The application will be forwarded to ICA in Singapore for processing. The average processing time is about 4 weeks, provided all relevant documents are duly submitted. Incomplete forms and/or supporting documents will result in a delay to the processing time. Please note that the average processing time does not include weekends, Singapore public holidays and UK bank holidays.
Applicants will be notified by post or email when the new passport is ready for collection. For identification and security reasons, applicants are required to turn up in person at the High Commission at least once, either during passport application or collection. The passport is to be collected within 3 months from the date of notification. Passports not collected after 3 months will be returned to ICA for cancellation and no refund of the fee will be provided.
Note: The Singapore High Commission is not liable or responsible for any loss or damage of document(s) transmitted through the mail or courier services.