The Consular Section is open from 9.30am to 12.30pm from Mondays to Fridays. We will be closed on Singapore National Day (9th of August annually) and on all UK Bank holidays.
CONSULAR CONTACT INFORMATION
Tel: +44 (0)207 235 8315
Fax: +44 (0)207 235 9850
For all general enquiries and non-emergency consular matters, please call during our office hours at +44 (0)207 235 8315.
For Singaporeans who require urgent consular assistance after office hours, (e.g. cases of arrest, repatriation, accidents, illnesses, natural disasters, etc.) please call the Duty Officer at +44 (0)7710 348 335.
What is eRegister?
The MFA eRegister system is a voluntary and free service provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) to all Singapore citizens who travel or reside overseas. Regardless of whether you are travelling abroad for study, work or leisure, the eRegister system allows you to record information about your travel itinerary abroad. The information you provide will allow MFA and our Embassies or Consulates to contact and render assistance to you during an emergency or crisis (e.g. natural disasters, civil unrest, etc).
For the eRegister system to be effective, we encourage you to eRegister at least three days before your intended date of your confirmed travel.
- Register on-line with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs via the eRegister system at https://eregister.mfa.gov.sg
- Your registration can help the Singapore High Commission to contact you for consular assistance in emergency situations, such as in cases of natural disasters or civil unrest in that country;
Should you decide not to eRegister, we strongly encourage you to make the following arrangements before leaving for your trip:
- leave a detailed travel itinerary and contact details with members of your family, colleagues or friends in Singapore;
- purchase comprehensive travel insurance which includes medical evacuation in case you encounter any unexpected emergencies: and
- carry the contact details of our Embassies and Consulates at your destination of travel with you. Please click here for a list of Singapore Overseas Missions.
As most countries impose a minimum entry requirement of 6-month passport validity from the date of entry, it is not possible to use any passport right up to the expiry date.
Singaporean citizens are kindly advised to ensure that their passports have at least six months' validity. Please apply early for a new passport to avoid last-minute rush. Citizens can personally submit the application form, photographs and supporting documents at the Consular Section, send it by post or submit an online application through APPLES via the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority's website at www.ica.gov.sg.