It is recommended that Singapore citizens make a photocopy of their passport and Identity Card before they leave home, so that they can be identified by these documents in case they lose their passport. Citizens are also advised to keep their Singapore National Registration Identity Card (NRIC) separately from the passport when travelling.
If a passport is lost / stolen / misplaced and you need to return to Singapore urgently, you must:
- Lodge a police report at a police station in the country where the passport was lost /stolen. Please request a copy of the report. In some cases where this may not be possible, citizens should request an acknowledgement slip or receipt;
- Call / email the Singapore High Commission as soon as possible to report the loss of the passport;
- Schedule an appointment to see the consular officer;
- Bring along the following documents on the day of the appointment:
- original police report (if any)
- proof of Singapore citizenship status (NRIC, birth certificate, citizenship certificate, marriage certificate)
- 2 passport - sized colour photographs
- A copy of flight itinerary / electronic ticket to Singapore (if any)
After the citizen’s identity has been verified, the High Commission can issue a Document of Identity to enable the citizen to return to Singapore. Upon his / her return to Singapore, he / she must surrender the Document of Identity and apply for a replacement passport at Immigration & Checkpoints Authority.
Singapore citizens living in the UK must submit personally their application for a replacement passport at the Consular Section of the Singapore High Commission in London.
Please contact the Consular Section at email@example.com to request for the relevant application forms or for more information.