Apply Through Proxy in Singapore
Only overseas Singaporeans/PRs may apply for a replacement Singapore driving licence through proxy by giving a written authorisation (by fax or email) for their next-of-kin in Singapore to submit the application on their behalf at Traffic Police Department, No. 10 Ubi Ave 3, Singapore 408865.
The processing time is approximately 5 business days from the date of receipt of the application.
Documents required are:
- Photocopy of NRIC (back and front)
- Documentary evidence that he/she is not in Singapore (Example, copy of visa or copy of his passport showing the immigration stamp)
- Proxy’s NRIC
- Written authorisation for application of replacement on behalf of the applicant
- One recent passport size photograph, his/her name and NRIC no. to be written behind the photograph. The photograph must be:
- In colour;
- Passport-size (35mm wide by 45mm high without borders);
- The facial image must be between 25mm and 35mm from chin to crown;
- Taken against a plain white background with a matt or semi-matt finish; and
- Taken full face without headgear, unless the applicant habitually wears a headgear in accordance with religious or racial custom. The headgear must not hide the applicants’ facial features.
The replacement fee is S$25.00. For a faster process, proxy has to inform Traffic Police that he/she may want to collect it personally at the Traffic Police Department instead of having the licence being sent by mail to the local address in Singapore. Proxy will then be able to mail it personally to the applicant’s overseas address.
Foreigners cannot apply for a replacement of Singapore driving licence through proxy. Foreigners can only apply for a replacement of Singapore driving licence in person with the following documents at Traffic Police. Our customer service officers need to physically verify by looking at their original work pass or employment pass documents:
a) Valid work pass of the applicant;
b) Police report if the replacement of driving licence is the 3rd time or more;
c) Latest colour passport size photograph of the applicant and;
d) NETS or credit card to make payment of $25 fee for the replacement of Singapore driving licence
Note: The Singapore High Commission is no longer able to accept applications (for replacement of driving licence) to be forwarded to the Traffic Police in Singapore. Please be informed that applicants can only replace the licence via proxy at the Traffic Police counter in Singapore.
For more information, please visit Traffic Police's website.