(1) The Singapore Honorary Consulate-General Office will be be closed on the following dates indicated below. For urgent consular assistance during the Honorary Consulate's closure, please contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) Duty Office at +65 6379 8800 or email@example.com.
(2) APPOINTMENT OF SINGAPORE’S HONORARY CONSUL IN ASTANA, REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN
The Government of the Republic of Singapore, with the agreement of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, has appointed Mr Anuar Omarkhojayev as Singapore’s Honorary Consul in Astana, Kazakhstan, with jurisdiction throughout Kazakhstan.
The Honorary Consul will support the work of Singapore’s Non-Resident Ambassador to Kazakhstan, Zulkifli Baharudin. This appointment will further enhance Singapore’s bilateral trade-economic, investment and cultural-educational ties with Kazakhstan economic, cultural and educational ties with Kazakhstan.
Mr Omarkhojayev, 44, is the Deputy Chairman of the Board of Baiterek National Management Holding, which promotes sustainable economic development of Kazakhstan through national development institutions that provide financial and non-financial support to private sector companies.
Mr Omarkhojayev previously served as Chief of the Secretariat of the Head of the Presidential Administration and Deputy Head of the Office of the Prime Minister. He started his career in the Foreign Service and worked in the Kazakhstan Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Embassy of Kazakhstan in Germany.
Honorary Consulate of the Republic of Singapore
Address : 55A, Mangilik Yel Ave
Republic of Kazakhstan
Office Hours : Monday to Friday from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm
Telephone : +7 (7172) 919216
Fax : +7 (7172) 919216 (Press ‘0’ to fax)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
. . . . .
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
29 JULY 2018
(2) Overseas Travel – Keep Safe and Stay Vigilant [23 December 2016]
In recent months, there have been attacks on civilian targets that include areas popular with tourists and locals. The most recent examples include the attacks at the Besiktas Stadium in Istanbul on 10 December 2016, St Mark’s Coptic Cathedral Complex in Cairo on 11 December 2016, and the Breitscheidplatz Christmas Market in Berlin on 19 December 2016. In addition, a number of countries including Malaysia, Indonesia and Australia have successfully thwarted planned terror attacks. As a precaution during this holiday season, local authorities in many countries in our immediate region and other parts of the world have raised their level of alertness and tightened security.
Given these developments, MFA would like to remind Singaporeans of the following when travelling overseas:
- Stay in touch with your family and friends so that they know how to contact you. It will be good to share your travel itinerary with them, and in the event of an emergency, do let them know that you are safe.
- eRegister with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (via https://eregister.mfa.gov.sg/ or the MFA@SG App) so that we can contact you should there be a need. Upon e-registration, MFA will send you details of the nearest Singapore Overseas Mission based on your travel itinerary, so that you have our contact details within easy reach on your mobile device in the event of an emergency.
- Stay current with the media coverage of local events and be aware of your surroundings at all times. Factor recent developments into your travel plans and activities.
- Exercise caution around large gatherings and avoid locations known for demonstrations or disturbances.
- Take all necessary precautions to ensure your personal safety, and remain vigilant and alert to local security developments.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities in an emergency. Be prepared for additional security screening and unexpected disruptions.
- Purchase comprehensive travel insurance and be familiar with the terms and coverage.
(3) ICA issues public advisory on fake ICA website phishing for visitors’ visa and passport numbers.