Important note: With effect from 15 January 2015, the Singapore Consulate-General in Hong Kong will cease to accept walk-in visa applications. Please submit your visa applications through our Authorised Visa Agents (AVAs).
Entry requirement for all foreigners
Visa application is required for citizens / passport holders of the following countries:
Nationals of Assessment Level I Countries
Democratic People's Republic of Korea, India, People's Republic of China, Holders of Hong Kong Document of Identity, Macau Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit, Georgia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Commonwealth of Independent States (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan)
Nationals of Assessment Level II Countries
Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen, and holders of Palestinian Authority Passport, Temporary Passport issued by the United Arab Emirates and Refugee Travel Document issued by Middle-East countries
Visa Application Fee
The visa processing fee of SGD30 (HKD174) is non-refundable. Our AVAs will charge a service fee of HKD180 on top of the visa processing fee.
- For Level I Countries, update: processing time is 5 to 7 working days
- For Level II Countries, update: processing time is 7 to 10 working days
The processing time has taken into account the time required for the AVAs to submit the application forms to their main branch office for submission via SAVE.
Submission of Visa Applications
With effect from 15 January 2015, the Singapore Consulate-General in Hong Kong will cease to accept walk-in visa applications. Please submit your application through our AVAs. For the list of documents to be submitted for your visa application, please click here.
If you have a Singapore Citizen or a Singapore PR who can act as your local contact and who has a SingPass account, the local contact can also submit the application online via SAVE.
Collection of Visa
You will collect your visa directly from the AVAs once it is ready for collection. Please note that with effect from 1 July 2009 and 15 August 2018, e-Visa will be issued for Level I and Level II nationals respectively.
You should note that the approved e-visa is required to be sighted by the airlines during check-in. Failing to present the e-visa will render individual not able to travel to Singapore.
1. Every application for a visa, including the duration of the visa granted, will be considered on its own merits and subject to approval.
2. The visa issued is normally dated on the day when you submit the application and the validity of the visa cannot be changed once issued. Please do not submit the application too early before your planned trip to Singapore. If the validity of the visa has lapsed, the applicant will need to submit a fresh application. Applicants are advised to submit the applications 1 to 2 weeks prior to the departure and to check the visa date of issue and the validity period carefully upon receiving the visa.
3. Possession of a visa does not guarantee entry into Singapore. The granting of entry into Singapore is determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the point of entry. Visitors must meet entry requirements such as holding a passport with more than 6 months validity, sufficient funds for the period of stay in Singapore and confirmed onward/return air ticket.
4. The period of stay in Singapore will be decided by the ICA officer at the point of entry in Singapore. Applicants are advised to check their passports for the arrival endorsement and take note of the duration of stay given.
Visa Enquiry Phone Line
All applicants and local contact are encouraged to read the details outline in this page. If further clarification is still required, please contact the Consulate at (852) 2527 2212 or our AVAs.