The Consulate will assist you to forward your application for renewal or transfer of re-entry permit (REP) to the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), which is the processing authority.
Alternatively, Singapore Permanent Residents (SPR) can renew or transfer their REPs online via Electronic Re-Entry Permit System (e-REP) with a SingPass account before the expiry date of the current REP. ICA has ceased to issue REP in the form of endorsements or REP cards for all applications on/after 2 January 2009. The e-REP allows for quick, efficient and hassle-free online transactions which aims to reduce the need for SPRs to physically visit our Consulate or ICA Office for the transfer or renewal of their REPs.
All current REP endorsements and REP cards issued prior to the launch of e-REP remain valid until their expiry date, provided that they have not been cancelled or invalidated by ICA.
For more information on and the application procedures for e-REP, please visit the ICA website at https://www.ica.gov.sg/#/PR/reentry/PR_reentry_apply.
Application Procedure for Transfer of REP to New Passport & Documents Required:
- Completed application form (Request for Transfer of REP);
- Original and a copy of the old passport with latest REP; and
- Original and a copy of the new passport.
Application Procedure for Renewal of REP & Documents Required:
- Completed application form (Form 6). The form and the accompany notes are available from the Consulate or can be downloaded at ICA's website (Form 6) & (Notes - REP);
- Valid travel document;
- Blue Singapore Identity Card;
- Latest REP;
- Income Tax Notices of Assessment for the last 1 year;
- Marriage Certificate and Singapore Identity Card of spouse (applicable to applicants who had obtained their SPR status under the sponsorship of his/her Singapore Citizen/SPR spouse);
- Birth Certificate, parents' Singapore identity cards and passports showing the latest REP (applicable to applicants who are dependant SPR and is below 21 years old);
- Highest qualification certificate and proof of employment in Singapore, if any (applicable to applicants who are dependant SPR and is above 21 years old); and
- Where necessary, additional documents and information may be required to furnish for the consideration of the issue of a REP.
The originals and a photocopy of each of the above items are required. Original documents will be returned immediately after sighting. Please note that official translation are required if documents are not in English.
All REPs are issued up to a maximun of 5 years. The fee per year of part thereof is HKD $58.
The online applications can be processed within one working day if the applicants are in Singapore. For SPRs who are currently not in Singapore, the outcome of the applications will be make known to the applicants within 5 working days.
For submission through the Consulate, the processing time is about 4 to 6 weeks. The Consulate will notify you when we receive the notification from ICA.
An overseas application should be submitted at least 2 months before the expiry of the current REP. This is to allow sufficient time for processing. Successful applicants may complete the REP formalities whilist at overseas. However, there may be instance when a SPR is required to return to Singapore to complete the formalities at the Permanent Resident Services Centre, ICA Building.
A SPR will lose his/her SPR status if he/she lives/remains outside Singapore without a valid REP. If you plan to leave Singapore, please ensure that your REP is valid on your return.
Please contact our Consulate at Tel: (852) 2527 2212 during office hours if you require further advice.