Consulate-General of The Republic of Singapore - Hong Kong
Home   |  中文版   

Permanent Resident Application For Spouse / Children and Aged Parents

Non-Singaporeans can become Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs) by obtaining an Entry Permit (an application for an Entry Permit is an application for Singapore Permanent Residence).

The Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority accepts applications for the following categories of foreigners:

  • Spouse or unmarried children (below 21 years old) of a Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident; and
  • Aged parents of a Singapore Citizen

With effect from 18 December 2017, ICA introduced an electronic-Permanent Residence (e-PR) system for PR applications. With the launch of this new e-service on 18 December 2017, ICA and all Overseas Missions will no longer accept hardcopies of PR application forms from applicants. All applicants will have to access the e-PR system with their Singpass and key in the required information into an electronic application form. Supporting documents can be scanned and submitted electronically.

Preparation Before You Submit Your Application Online: 

Explanatory Notes and Application Form to Apply PR For Spouse/Children of Singapore Citizens or Singapore PRs

Explanatory Notes and Application Form to Apply PR For Aged Parents of Singapore Citizens 

Processing Time

The normal processing time for PR application is four to six months while some applications may take a longer time to process.

Facts and Pictures of Singapore

If you wish to know more about living in Singapore, you may visit Contact Singapore's website here.


Unit 901, 9th floor,
Admiralty Centre Tower I
18 Harcourt Road, Hong Kong

001 (852) 2527-2212

001 (852) 2866-1239


Operational Hours:

Mon. – Fri.
9.00 am – 12.30 pm
2.00 pm – 5.30 pm

Notarial and Legalisation Services
[wef from 1 Sep 17]:

Mon – Fri
09:00 am – 12:30 pm

Closed on Sat, Sun and Hong Kong SAR’s Public Holidays and Singapore National Day on 9 August

Singaporeans who require urgent help, please click on consular services for advice.

Location Map

Websites of other Singapore Missions in China

Register of Electors

OM e-banner - DRAFT V2b
OSU Logo