Recruitment of Consular Assistant / Receptionist [21 November 2018]
The Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore in Ho Chi Minh City is seeking applicants for ONE full-time candidate:
- Perform consular and notarial services at the Consulate-General’s reception.
- Manage queries on the Consulate-General’s main telephone line, email and meet with members of the public.
- Perform other assigned duties and responsibilities, as required.
Applicants should have the following qualifications and attributes:
- A recognised university degree;
- Minimum TOEFL iBT 100, or TOEIC 900;
- Good command of spoken and written English and Vietnamese with proficiency in translating accurately between both languages. Written and verbal tests will be administered;
- Good administrative and organisational skills, including proficiency in using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Good communication skills;
- Minimum of 1-year relevant previous work experience and knowledge of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Vietnamese laws and local conditions
- Liaising with local government agencies
- Organising visits and events
- The incumbent will be required to serve a two-month probation period, subject to satisfactory performance before confirmation. Interested applicants should submit their résumé in writing with a recent photograph and translated copies of supporting documents, including your university transcript.
- They should indicate their current and expected salary, with contact and reference details.
- The successful applicant should preferably be able to start work at the Consulate-General at short notice.
- Closing date for applications is Friday, 30 November 2018. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- All applications should be addressed to:
Vice-Consul (Administration and Consular)
Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore
Saigon Centre, Tower 2, Level 11
67 Le Loi Boulevard, District 1, HCMC
Overseas Travel – Be Informed & Be Safe [8 November 2018]
In view of the upcoming holiday travel season, Singaporeans planning overseas travel are reminded to take necessary precautions, including being prepared to deal with accidents, natural disasters or terrorism. In 2018, disasters such as earthquake, tsunami, volcanic eruption and typhoon struck our region and beyond, which affected a number of popular tourist destinations. In addition, threats of terror attack at tourist destinations cannot be ruled out. It is important for Singaporeans to be informed and be safe while travelling.
For those planning to travel, here are some tips:
- Familiarise yourself with our network of overseas missions.
- Purchase comprehensive travel insurance and be familiar with the terms and coverage.
- Equip yourself with research about your destination’s current situation, local laws and customs.
- eRegister with us on our website (https://www.mfa.gov.sg) so that we may reach out to you during an emergency.
- Always take care of your personal safety, and remain vigilant and alert to local weather news, advisories, and security developments.
- Exercise caution around large gatherings and avoid locations known for demonstrations or disturbances.
- Be prepared for possible delays and last-minute changes in travel plans especially during unforeseen events such as natural disasters or terror attacks.
- Stay connected with your friends and family. Inform them of your whereabouts and provide them with your overseas contact details.
- In the event that you require consular assistance, please contact the nearest Singapore Overseas Mission or call the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at +65 6379 8800/8855.
Overseas Travel [09 Mar 2018]