If your child of Singaporean parentage is born in Qatar and you would like to register the child for Singapore citizenship by Descent you may submit your application to the Embassy. Please contact the Consular Officer at the Embassy for application form and details.
For the child to obtain citizenship by descent, he/she needs to meet any of the following conditions:
- The father, who is a Singapore citizen by Birth and has a lawful marriage,
- The father, who is a Singapore citizen by Registration and has a lawful marriage. The child shall not acquire citizenship of the country he was born by reason of his birth in that country.
- The mother, who is a Singapore citizen by Birth and the child is born on or after 15 May 2004.
- The mother, who is a Singapore citizen by Registration and the child is born on or after 15 May 2004. The child shall not acquire citizenship of the country he was born by reason of his birth in that country.
For other applications for citizenship, please refer to ICA website for eligibility details and document requirements, or contact the Consular officer at the Singapore Embassy.
Parents should bring along with them the following original documents and photocopies:
- Marriage certificate of parents
- Identity cards of parents
- Birth certificate of child
- Passport size photo of baby/child
- Passports of parents, showing passport number, place/date of issue and expiry date.
- If applicant and his wife registered their marriage outside Singapore, a Statutory Declaration to the effect that (name of wife) is his one and only wife, is required.
- Death Certificate/Divorce Certificate/Separation Deed/Custody document of child/children by previous spouses, if applicable. Letter of consent from ex-spouse if child is under joint-custody.
Following items will be required if the application is submitted after one year of minor’s birth:
- Letter of employment from current employer, stating the occupation, date of employment and basic/gross salary per month, if employed.
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment for last 3 years preceding the date of application.
- Business registration certificate from Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA), latest balance sheet/profit and loss account if applicant is a sole proprietor/partner/Director of a company.
- CPF contributions history for last 12 months, if employed.
The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) office is in charge of citizenship matters. Please see the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) Homepage for more information. The application will be forwarded to ICA for processing.
QR280 (application for citizenship)
QR195 (issue of citizenship certificate)
It will take 3-4 months