The Consulate provides notarial services for the official documents to be used in Singapore. Please bring along your passport or identity card as a form of identification should you require such service.
What the Consular Officers can do?
- Provide information, advice and consular assistance
- Issue emergency travel document if you lose your passport
- Contact your relatives or friends on your behalf to request to send you emergency funds for your repatriation or other necessary emergency expenses
- Notify your next-of-kin in the event you are injured abroad
- Notify your next-of-kin in the event of your arrest or detention
- Visit Singapore citizens who have been arrested or imprisoned and affirm that due process under the judicial system of Bangladesh is accorded to him / her.
- Help to obtain a list of officially registered local lawyers and translation services where this is available
- Make arrangements for the return to Singapore of the remains and personal belongings of a deceased Singaporean
- Assist during emergencies such as natural disasters or civil disorder
- Certification of documents as a Notary Public
What the Consular Officers cannot do?
- Pay your medical, hospital, legal, accommodation, travel or other bills
- Provide loans or cash your cheques
- Post bails or pay fines on your behalf
- Intervene in the judicial process of a foreign country or ignore local laws
- Provide legal advice or initiate court proceedings on your behalf
- Act as guarantor or sponsor
- Arrange for your accommodation or for work