High commission of the Republic of Singapore - Canberra

Renunciation of Singapore Permanent Residency

If you wish to renounce your Singapore Permanent Residency, please forward the following documents (original copy) to us:-


  1. Singapore Blue NRIC
  2. Old & Current Passport
  3. Entry Permit/Re-Entry Permit
  4. Employment Pass(es)/Work Permit
  5. Dependent Pass(es)
  6. Certificate of Identity (if applicable)
  7. A letter addressed to the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA), indicating your wish to renounce your Permanent Residency status. Please also provide your daytime contact details and address.
  8. Any other relevant documents issued to you by the Singapore Government agencies such as ICA, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Manpower, etc.

Please speak to Australian Post or a courier company to arrange safe transport. The Singapore High Commission is not liable or bear any responsibilities for the loss of any travel documents (including passports) and identification papers (including ID, birth certificates, married certificates, contract, etc) sent by mail or courier.  We encourage you to forward the above documents at our office in person. However, if you choose to forward the documents by post, please send by registered mail or reliable courier service. Please also enclose a self-addressed stamped return envelope for us to return your passports by post.


If you have family members who are liable for Singapore National Service, please call the Singapore High Commission to request for the appropriate forms.


You will be informed by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority once your Permanent Residency has been successfully renounced. No fee will be charged for the renunciation of PR.


17 Forster Crescent Yarralumla ACT 2600


+61-2 6273-9823 /
+61-2 6273-8165

Trade enquiries:


Visa & PR Matters:
Citizen Services:

General enquiries:

Working Hours:

Mon to Fri
8.30am to 12.30pm;
1.30pm to 5.00pm

Location Map
20180531_ELD_MFA_ Banner

OM e-banner - DRAFT V2b
OSU Logo