If you have lost your passport while travelling in Australia, you should first report the loss to the local Police Department as soon as possible. Once your identity has been verified, a Document of Identity can be issued to you to return to Singapore Only.
To apply for Document of Identity, you should contact us and submit the following:-
- Document of Identity application form
- copies of Singapore passport (if available)
- copies of NRIC (if available)
- 2 passport-sized photographs
- copy of police report/report number
- exit permit/notice of exemption (if available)
- a fee of A$15 in Money Order (payable to 'Singapore High Commission')
- copy of itinerary
You will be required to appear in person at the Singapore High Commission in Canberra to collect the DOI during weekdays.
In addition, the Consular Officer will require at least three working days, especially during weekends, to verify your identity. Hence, you should re-schedule your departure date out of Australia, if necessary.