High commission of the Republic of Singapore - Canberra

Application of Re-Entry Permit and Extension

A valid Re-Entry Permit (REP) is necessary whenever a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) wishes to travel out of Singapore. It will enable the Permanent Resident to retain his/her SPR status while away from Singapore.

Electronic Re-Entry Permit (e-REP)


The Electronic Re-Entry Permit (e-REP) facility allows Singapore Permanent Residents to renew and transfer Re-Entry Permits (REP) online through the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority website, www.ica.gov.sg


Important Notes :


  • To renew/transfer a REP, you will need a Singpass account, a valid travel document, a valid REP, name and address of your current employer (if any) and a valid credit / debit card for online payment. To apply for a SingPass, please visit http://www.singpass.gov.sg.
  • Upon approval of Renewal Applications, you will need a VISA or Mastercard Credit/Debit Card for payment online. There is no additional processing fee for using e-REP. However, upon approval of your REP application, you are required to pay a fee using your credit/debit card. For eNETS payment, Java Version 6 Update 2 is required for your browser.
  • To print REP, ensure that your printer is functional and Adobe Acrobat Reader is installed. Note that only one print is allowed. Once you have printed your REP, you will not be able to make further re-prints. Please ensure that you keep your printed REP properly. Otherwise, you will have to make a trip personally to the PRSC, ICA Building, for a replacement copy.

Processing Time


The applications can be processed within one day if the applicants are in Singapore. For SPRs who are currently not in Singapore, the outcome of the applications will be make know to the applicants within 5 working days. If you are overseas at the time of application, you may submit your application using e-REP provided you have a SingPass account. If you do not have a SingPass or Internet connection, you can submit your REP application through:


  • a Singapore Overseas Mission
  • a representative of a foreign government performing consular functions on our behalf in that country
  • a local representative in Singapore

Note: An overseas application should be submitted at least 2 months before the expiry of the current REP. This is to allow sufficient time for processing. An overseas applicant whose spouse is a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) should furnish his/her spouse's Singapore identity card number and a copy of their marriage certificate to expedite processing.


Re-Entry Permit Application through Singapore Overseas Mission


To renew your re-entry permit at Singapore High Commisson Canberra, you have to submit the following documents to us:


  1. Complete Form 6 (download from www.ica.gov.sg).

  2. Certified copies of all the travel documents (present and previous travel documents with the latest Re-Entry Permit.)

  3. Certified copies of Singapore Blue Identity Card/Identity Card for National Service personnel

  4. Certified copies of Entry Permit and the latest Re-Entry Permit

  5. Proof of employment:-
    1. For an applicant who is an employee:

      A recent letter not later than one month from the date of its issue, giving the date of employment, position held and salary per month. The letter must be addressed to the Director of Immigration and Registration. If you are sent by your Singapore Company to work in Australia, please obtain a letter from your Singapore company stating the period of your assignment in Australia, the expected length of assignment, etc.

    2. For an applicant who is self employed: (Director/MO/Sole Proprietor/Partners etc):

      • Valid Practising Certificate (for applicants engaged in Professional practices); or
      • Valid Business Registration Certificate (showing the names of all the partners or directors) from the Instant Information Service, Registry of Companies & Businesses; or
      • Valid vocational licence; and
      • Personal Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the past three years
  6. In the case of an applicant who is below 16 years old, his/her birth certificate and parents’ Singapore Identity Cards, marriage certificate, travel documents, Entry Permits and the latest Re-Entry permits are also required. Applicant who is currently studying should produce a letter stating the period of study from the education institution. A notorised copy of the highest qualification certificate is required, if applicable.

  7. Dependent: PR is required to furnish the main applicant’s particulars (e.g. UIN, Name, etc.). Marriage Certificate and identity card of his/her spouse is also required.

  8. Applicants will have to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary, before each application for Re-Entry Permit is considered.

Please post or courier your application to:


Singapore High Commission
17 Forster Crescent
Yarralumla ACT 2600


or email enquiries to: visa_cbr@mfa.sg


Processing Time is 6 to 8 weeks. If you had successfully applied for a REP whilst overseas, you may complete the entire REP renewal formalities online or at overseas mission. There may be instances where a SPR is required to return to Singapore to complete the formalities for a 5-year REP at the Permanent Resident Services Centre, ICA Buidling. In such cases, you will be granted a 3-month REP to facilitate your return to Singapore


Please note that a Singapore Permanent Resident who remains outside Singapore without a valid Re-Entry Permit will lose his/her PR status.


We will not take responsibility for any documents lost in the mail and encourage you to forward the above documents at our office in person. However, if you choose to forward the documents by post, please send by registered mail or reliable courier service. Please also enclose a self-addressed stamped return envelope for us to return your passports by post.


17 Forster Crescent Yarralumla ACT 2600


+61-2 6273-9823 /
+61-2 6273-8165

Trade enquiries:


Visa & PR Matters:
Citizen Services:

General enquiries:

Working Hours:

Mon to Fri
8.30am to 12.30pm;
1.30pm to 5.00pm

Location Map
20180531_ELD_MFA_ Banner

OM e-banner - DRAFT V2b
OSU Logo