Here are some useful tips for Singaporeans who are travelling to Australia :
Before you travel:
· Register online with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs via our eRegister system at https://register.mfa.gov.sg/
· Ensure that your passport has at least 6 months validity.
· Purchase adequate travel and medical insurance to cover illness, injury and loss of personal belongings.
· Carry photocopies of your identity card and passport data page, credit cards and note down travel cheque numbers if any.
While you travel:
· Be mindful of personal safety and security. Be alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Do not carry too much cash and valuables.
- Never leave your valuables unattended. Do not leave your passport and valuables in the car. There have been recurring instances of cars being broken into, including at tourist sites.
· Practise safe driving and ensure that you are covered with adequate vehicle insurance.
Useful telephone numbers while in Australia
Singapore High Commission in Canberra
Address: 17 Forster Crescent
ACT 2600 , Australia
Main line: +61 (2) 6271 2000
Duty officer number: +61 414 733 944 (for Singapore citizens requiring emergency assistance)
Opening hours: 8.30 am to 5.00 pm (Mon – Fri)
Closed on Sat and Sun, and on the following dates:24 December 2016 to
2 January 2017.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Singapore
Address: Tanglin 248163
Main line: +65 63798000
Duty Office: +65 63798800
Contacting the police in Australia