NOTICE TO PUBLIC - Singapore Embassy Closed
PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT THE SINGAPORE EMBASSY IN BRUSSELS WILL BE CLOSED FROM 22 DECEMBER 2018 - 1 JANUARY 2019. NORMAL OPERATIONS WILL RESUME FROM 2 JANUARY 2019.
Overseas Travel – Be Informed & Be Safe [8 November 2018]
In view of the upcoming holiday travel season, Singaporeans planning overseas travel are reminded to take necessary precautions, including being prepared to deal with accidents, natural disasters or terrorism. In 2018, disasters such as earthquake, tsunami, volcanic eruption and typhoon struck our region and beyond, which affected a number of popular tourist destinations. In addition, threats of terror attack at tourist destinations cannot be ruled out. It is important for Singaporeans to be informed and be safe while travelling.
For those planning to travel, here are some tips:
- Familiarise yourself with our network of overseas missions.
- Purchase comprehensive travel insurance and be familiar with the terms and coverage.
- Equip yourself with research about your destination’s current situation, local laws and customs.
- eRegister with us on our website (https://www.mfa.gov.sg) so that we may reach out to you during an emergency.
- Always take care of your personal safety, and remain vigilant and alert to local weather news, advisories, and security developments.
- Exercise caution around large gatherings and avoid locations known for demonstrations or disturbances.
- Be prepared for possible delays and last-minute changes in travel plans especially during unforeseen events such as natural disasters or terror attacks.
- Stay connected with your friends and family. Inform them of your whereabouts and provide them with your overseas contact details.
In the event that you require consular assistance, please contact the nearest Singapore Overseas Mission or call the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at +65 6379 8800/8855.
Information for Travellers to Singapore