Important note: With effect from 8 Dec 2014, the Singapore Embassy in Beijing and our Consulate-General offices in Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Xiamen will cease to accept walk-in visa applications. Please submit your visa applications through our Authorised Visa Agents.
Level 1 nationals include nationals from Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, India, Georgia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Commonwealth Of Independent States (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan), Holder Of Hong Kong Document Of Identity, Holder Of Macau Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit.
Please produce the following documents in support of your application. Additional documents may be required when necessary.
1. Passport and a photocopy of the applicant’s passport bio-data page must be furnished. At least 6 months’ validity (calculated from the date of arrival in Singapore) and one blank visa page.
2. Form 14A: One set (Original) of duly completed form (in English) and signed by the applicant in person per application.
3. Passport-sized coloured photographs: Two sets (one to be affixed onto the Form and the other for scanning purpose). The photograph must meet the following requirements:
Size: 2 inch, coloured, against white background and taken within the last 3 months;
Taken full face without headgear (unless the applicant habitually wears a headgear in accordance with his/her religious or racial custom but the headgear must not hide the applicant’s features).
4. Visa application fee: The visa processing fee of $30 Singapore dollar is non-refundable. Our Authorised Visa Agents will charge a service fee on top of the visa processing fee. With effect from 1 Feb 2017, all our agents in China will charge a fixed visa fee of RMB 300, which is inclusive of the visa processing fee and the service fee. Please refer to our attached list of Authorised Visa Agents.
5. In addition, application for social visa should also produce the following documents:
If the applicant is employed, an original letter from the employer granting leave of absence and stating the duration of employment, designation and salary, is required. The letter must provide the name, address, telephone number(s) and fax number(s) of the company. The letter must also be stamped with the official stamp of the company.
An applicant who is unemployed must produce documents eg. Certificate of bank deposit (original and photocopy), so as to reflect his/her actual economic capability. There is no minimum requirement on the amount of money needed on the certificate of bank deposit but the certificate issuance date must within 1 month of the visa submission date.
6. Original Form V39A (Letter of Introduction). A completed Form V39A which may be issued by a local contact* in Singapore. If you cannot secure an LOI from a local contact, you may ask your Embassy for a LOI to support your visa application.
* The local contact must be either a Singapore citizen (SC) or a Singapore permanent resident (PR) who is at least 21 years old with a SingPass/CorpPass account. If you are applying for an entry visa for business visit (attending business negotiations or discussions), the local contact must be acting on behalf of the Singapore-registered entity.
7. In addition, application for business visa should also produce the following documents:
(a) Business profile. One printout of the latest Singapore registered company’s business profile which is obtainable from the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (http://www.acra.gov.sg/). The printout date of the company’s business profile should not be dated more than 6 months from the day of submission. Applicant who is invited by Singapore government agencies, universities or are attending exhibition/conference/convention in Singapore are not required to produce Form V39A and business profile. The applicant however needs to present the original letter by the inviting organisation or event organiser addressed to the applicant. The invitation letter must be signed by the invitee of the organiser and addressed to the applicant (the full name as in passport).
(b) Original Form V39A (Letter of Introduction) must also bear the address, telephone number, fax number, official stamp of the Singapore company and the NRIC number of it’s representative.
8. Visa Submission/Collection Time:
Please submit your visa applications through our Authorised Visa Agents. You will collect your visa directly from the Authorised Visa Agents once it is ready for collection.
9. Visa Processing Time:
Generally 3 working days (including the day of submission by Authorised Visa Agent).
10. Visa Enquiry phone line
All applicants and local contacts are encouraged to read the details outlined here. If further clarification is required, please contact the Visa Enquiry line at Tel: +86-10-6532 9380 or contact our Authorised Visa Agents directly.