Singapore and the Philippines enjoy warm bilateral relations and cooperate well in regional and multilateral fora.
Philippines-Singapore Action Plan (PSAP), established in 1997 following Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong’s visit to the Philippines, provides a framework for bilateral cooperation in areas such as economics, IT, education, and defence. Apart from robust trade relations, Singapore is also a major investor in the Philippines.
- Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, Minister (Trade and Industry – Trade) Lim Hng Kiang and Minister (Foreign Affairs) Dr Vivian Balakrishnan attended the 31st ASEAN Summit in Manila, the Philippines, from 13 to 15 November.
- Minister (Foreign Affairs) Dr Vivian Balakrishnan attended the 50th ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (AMM), Post-Ministerial Conferences (PMCs), 18th ASEAN Plus Three (APT) Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (FMM), 7th East Asia Summit (EAS) FMM and the 24th ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) in Manila, the Philippines from 3 to 8 August.
- Minister (Foreign Affairs) Dr Vivian Balakrishnan made an introductory visit to the Philippines on 13 June. He met and was hosted to lunch by the Philippine Secretary of Foreign Affairs Alan Peter Cayetano.
- Philippine President Rodrigo Roa Duterte made a State Visit to Singapore from 15 to 16 December.
- Philippine Secretary of Foreign Affairs Jose Rene D. Almendras made his introductory visit to Singapore from 12 to 13 April.
Last updated: October 2017