Singapore and Laos enjoy friendly relations. We cooperate at the bilateral, regional and multilateral levels. Economic ties and Singapore’s investments into Laos have increased over time. We also cooperate closely through the Singapore Cooperation Programme (SCP). Singapore established the Lao-Singapore Training Centre in Vientiane in 2001 under the Initiative for ASEAN Integration to administer in-country training for Lao officials.
- Lao Prime Minister Dr Thongloun Sisoulith made an introductory visit to Singapore on 2 May.
- Foreign Minister of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic Saleumxay Kommasith made an introductory visit to Singapore from 12 to 13 February.
- President Tony Tan Keng Yam made a State Visit to Laos from 11 to 14 January.
- Minister (Foreign Affairs) Dr Vivian Balakrishnan made an introductory visit to the Lao People’s Democratic Republic, at the invitation of Lao Minister of Foreign Affairs Saleumxay Kommasith on 27 July.
- Lao Minister of Justice Bounkeut Sangsomsak visited Singapore for a study visit arranged by the Ministry of Law from 2 to 4 March.
- Lao Minister and Head of Government Office Sonexay Siphandone visited Singapore as the 52nd Lee Kuan Yew Exchange Fellow from 15 to 19 February.
- Lao Prime Minister Thongsing Thammavong visited Singapore twice for Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s State Funeral Service in March and for the SG50 National Day Parade in August.
- Lao President of the National Assembly Pany Yathotou visited Singapore from 28 to 30 April.
Last updated: May 2017