Before you travel:
· Register online with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs via our eRegister system at https://register.mfa.gov.sg/
· Ensure that your passport has at least 6 months validity.
· Purchase adequate travel and medical insurance to cover illness, injury and loss of personal belongings.
· Carry photocopies of your identity card and passport data page, credit cards and note down travel cheque numbers if any.
While you travel:
· Be mindful of personal safety and security. Be alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Do not carry too much cash and valuables.
- Never leave your valuables unattended. Do not leave your passport and valuables in the car. There have been recurring instances of cars being broken into, including at tourist sites.
· Practise safe driving and ensure that you are covered with adequate vehicle insurance.
Useful telephone numbers while in Australia
Singapore High Commission in Canberra
Address: 17 Forster Crescent
ACT 2600 , Australia
Main line: +61 (2) 6271 2000
Duty officer number: +61 414 733 944 (for Singapore citizens requiring emergency assistance)
Opening hours: 8.30 am to 5.00 pm (Mon – Fri)
Closed on Sat and Sun, and on the following dates:24 December 2016 to
2 January 2017.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Singapore
Address: Tanglin 248163
Main line: +65 63798000
Duty Office: +65 63798800
Contacting the police in Australia
For police attendance (in regional and metropolitan areas)
For life threatening emergencies
Crime stoppers (to report criminal activity)
1800 333 000 or www.wa.crimestoppers.com.au
National Missing Persons Coordination Centre
Tel: 1800 000 634 toll free