Entry Visas Application Requirements
Important note: To ensure greater transparency in the fees for Singapore visa applications, the Singapore Government will implement a fixed visa fee of RMB 300 (all inclusive) for Singapore visa applications with effect from 1 February 2017. The fixed fee is inclusive of the visa processing fee of SGD $30 payable to Singapore Government and a service fee payable to the Authorised Visa Agents.
Please approach our Authorised Visa Agents (997.44KB) for your visa application. The Singapore Embassy in Beijing and our Consulates-General in Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Xiamen have ceased to accept walk-in visa applications with effect from 8 Dec 2014.
Entry visa is only applicable to the following categories
1. Persons with approval letters for Singapore Permanent Residence issued by Singapore’s Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA);
2. Persons with in-principle approval letters for the various types of passes to be collected at ICA or Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM), eg. Work Permit, Employment Pass, Student’s Pass, Long-term Social Visit Pass, etc.;
3. Persons who lost their Work Pass or Student Pass while in China.
Please produce the following documents in support of your application. Additional documents may be required when necessary.
1. Passport with at least 6 months’ validity (calculated from the date of arrival in Singapore) and one blank visa page. A photocopy of the applicant’s passport bio-data page must be furnished.
2. Form 14A (228.81KB). One set (Original) of duly completed form (in English) and signed by the applicant in person per application.
3. Passport-size coloured photographs: Two sets (one to be affixed onto the Form and the other for scanning purpose). The photograph must meet the following requirements:
•Size: 2 inch, coloured, against white background and taken within the last 3 months;
•Taken full face without headgear (unless the applicant habitually wears a headgear in accordance with his/her religious or racial custom but the headgear must not hide the applicant’s features).
4. PRC Identity Card: Photocopy of the identity card.
5. Visa application fee: The visa processing fee of $30 Singapore dollar is non-refundable. Our Authorised Visa Agents will charge a service fee on top of the visa processing fee. With effect from 1 Feb 2017, all our agents in China will charge a fixed visa fee of RMB 300, which is inclusive of the visa processing fee and the service fee.
6. One of the following documents applicable to the applicant:
(a) A copy of the approval letter for Singapore Permanent Residence issued by ICA;
(b) A copy of the in-principle approval letter from ICA or MOM for the various types of passes eg. Work Permit, Employment Pass, Student’s Pass, Long-term Social Visit Pass, etc.;
(c) A report issued by the local Public Security Authorities on the loss of the Work Pass or Student Pass (original & photocopy). A letter from the Singapore Company or School verifying the validity of your Work Pass or Student Pass as well as indicating your Fin Number (fax copy is acceptable).
7. Visa Submission/Collection Time:
Please submit your visa applications through our Authorised Visa Agents. You will collect your visa directly from the Authorised Visa Agents once it is ready for collection.
8. Visa Processing Time:
The processing time is 3 to 5 working days (including the day of submission by Authorised Visa Agents). Some applications may take longer to process. Each visa application will be considered on its own merits.
9. Visa Enquiry phone line:
All applicants and local contacts are encouraged to read the details outlined here. If further clarification is still required, please contact the nearest Singapore Embassy or Singapore Consulate-General office’s Visa Enquiry line or our Authorised Visa Agents (997.44KB).
Singapore Embassy in Beijing Tel: +86-010-6532 9380
Singapore Consulate-General in Shanghai Tel: +86-021-6278 5566
Singapore Consulate-General in Chengdu Tel: +86-028-8652 7222
Singapore Consulate-General in Guangzhou Tel: +86-020-3891 2345
Singapore Consulate-General in Xiamen Tel: +86-0592-268 4691
1. Incomplete forms and/or documents submitted may result in the application being rejected or the processing delayed.
2. Every application for a visa, including the duration of the visa granted, will be considered on its own merits and subject to approval.
3. Applicants should ensure that the visa applications are approved before they obtain their air ticket. We are not responsible for any financial loss in the event that the application is not successful.
4. The visa issued is normally dated on the day when you submit the application and the validity of the visa cannot be changed once issued. Please do not submit the application too early before your planned trip to Singapore. If the validity of the visa has lapsed, the applicant will need to submit a fresh application. Applicants are advised to submit the applications 1 to 2 weeks prior to the departure and to check the visa date of issue and the validity period carefully upon receiving the visa.
5. Possession of a visa does not guarantee entry into Singapore. The granting of entry into Singapore is determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the point of entry. Visitors must also meet entry requirements such as holding a valid passport, sufficient funds for the period of stay in Singapore and confirmed onward/return air ticket (if applicable).
6. The period of stay in Singapore will be decided by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority Officer at the point of entry in Singapore. Applicants are advised to check their passports for the arrival endorsement and take note of the duration of stay given.